Chapter Forty-One | Hatred

ابدأ من البداية

"I wish, he doesn't want me to come there too," I said, giving Jason a side glare and he rolled his eyes.

"Because you will try to convince me to stay once again."

"Why can't Jack just go!"

"It's not my company sweetie," Jack said, raising his hands and Jason glared at him.

"Her name is Amelia," he growled out and Jack moved back giving us a nervous smile.

"Amelia, yes. Well, I came to see you off, so see you when you come back," he nodded and walked out of the office.

"I'm currently stuck between hating you and missing you for the time you're gone," I said admittingly and he grinned pressing his lips against my cheek.

"You can do both so that when I come back we can have the best make-up/missed sex," he said huskily in my ear and I groaned pulling away.

"Ugh, why do you have to be such a pervert?"

"You make me that way, baby," he said and I smiled looking away. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked in shock when I saw my dad standing by the door watching us intently.

"Came to fetch you since you're done here," he said confidently and I squinted my eyes confused at what he was saying.

"I live with Jason, you know that right," I said and he gave us a brief nod before a sadistic smile that I had seen countless times made its way on his face, whatever he was playing at wasn't good at all, I could feel my heart drop as I watched him look over to Jason before looking back at me.

"I know that, but that was only because you had a job to do and you did it quite well, I must say I didn't expect that much but you never cease to amaze me my darling," he said and I slowly got off Jason's lap watching my dad.

"What is he talking about, Lia?" Jason asked me and I looked back at him before looking at my dad, seeing that expression told me everything. Tears that I had been holding onto the whole day were finally being released.

"Don't you dare lie," I pointed to my dad and he chuckled. "Don't listen to him, Jason."

"Why would I need to lie about something you did very well my dear daughter?"

"Lia, what is he talking about?" I could hear the edge in his voice and I looked at him with my tear brimmed eyes.

"He's lying," was all I was able to say. 

"Amelia, here, was able to extract all your clients' lists and connections, the ones you were able to hold over my head, yes those ones and she gave them to me, which basically means that I'm over you now, Daniels."

"Stop lying!" I screamed at him and he laughed. "Jason, he's lying. I didn't do that, you know I would never do that to you," I cried and he took a deep breath in and looked at my dad.

"I don't believe you, she would never do that to me, even if she wanted your affection, she's brighter than that,"  he said and for a moment there I felt hope spark up and I knew he believed me, but all that died when my dad laughed even harder.

"Really? I would swear this is her email address," he showed Jason the email and the files attached to it. "No?"

"I never sent that," I said looking at the file that was thrown on Jason's desk. "You know I never sent that, stop with your games!" I tore off the papers from the file crying, why was he doing this?

"Lia," Jason's voice was hoarse as he called me. I looked up at him and found his face looking at me as he searched for something on my face. "Is it true?"

Shaking my head, I took a step towards him and he took one back, shattering my heart. "I didn't send the file," I cried out, putting my hands over my mouth. I searched his face to see if he believed me, but all I could see was his cold eyes. "Yes, I saw the file and copied it to my tablet, remember the same tablet that got lost a week ago? Yes, it was all there but I never sent it, I promise you!" I begged, falling to my knees in front of him. "Dad, tell him the truth!" I looked at my father pleadingly but he smirked and that's when I realized this is what he wanted, who was this man?

"Rick said he was going to ruin Aurora and Chris' lives if I didn't do as he asked, they're having a baby, Jason," I said trying to get closer to Jason but he only had a stoic expression on his face. "At first I played along but I never sent those files, please believe me!"

"Aht aht aht, never thought I'd see an Adams on their knees for a man, I guess that's where you failed, Amelia," my father said and my head snapped towards him and I glared at him.

"Fuck you!" I spat and he shrugged. "Jason, say something please," I begged, pulling his hand in mine and he stared at me before pulling his hand out of mine and grabbed his coat and travelling documents and storming out of the office.

"Jason!" I cried out after him struggling to stand up, but by the time I got to the elevator, the doors were closing and I got to see him, but he looked at me with something I had never seen before directed towards me. Hatred.

"Foolish girl," I heard his voice looming over my crawled up body on the floor as I cried. "If only you listened to me, this wouldn't have happened."

He walked around my body and entered the elevator leaving me on the floor as I cried for a man that hates me now, all because I wasn't honest with him.