We're now hanging out on the boat, after we also picked up Kiara.

„What is up with you two?" asks Kiara as she nudges me on the shoulder.

„What do you mean?" I look confused at my best friend, pretending not to know what she's talking about.

Kie laughs. „Oh come on, I see the looks he gives you."

„there are no looks... and even if-„

JJ pulls us out of our thoughts. "Let me show you a party trick" he walks over to the front of the boat.

"Come on, JJ, not again" I sigh.

"Don't worry sweetie, I got this" he says and lifts his beer. "Hey Pope, can you go a little faster please?"

"Oh, here we go. I'm movin" John b takes cover in the back. "We tried this like 6000 times"

"I got this. It's gonna work" JJ holds the beer in front of his mouth as all the beer runs down him and hits the others.

Kiara holds her hand in front of her face. "oh my god you're gettin beer in my hair!"

"All right, you're done" says John b.

"All right, stop!" shouts Pope as the boat suddenly stops and JJ is thrown headfirst off the boat.

"Jesus, Pope!" says Kiara as Pope groans.

JJ comes up out of the water. "JJ all okay?" I ask, looking over at him.

"I think my heels touched the back of my head" he groans.

"Come on over here you jerk" I hold out my hand to help JJ up. He swims over and grabs my hand as he looks up with a smile.

"No JJ, no no no no-" but at that moment JJ has already pulled me into the water.

I surface. "Just why JJ, why?" I grumble annoyed and swim over to the boat where JJ helps me up.

"Oh you know, now I guess you'll have to take your clothes off" he smirks.

The bikini I'm wearing:

 "You're disgusting" I say as I although have to take off my top

"You're disgusting" I say as I although have to take off my top. JJ's eyes glance over at my body and for a moment, I think he forgets what the others are talking about.

"You weren't just staring at my tits were you, JJ?" I laugh and shake my head.

"Huh?" JJ looks up to me. „Maybe, I mean-" he smirks and then as he turns around notices John b giving him a very serious look. "Um no, I mean, of course no.... of course not!"

Pope looks down critically at the bottom."Guys, I think there's a boat down there"

"Shut up. What?" replies John b.

"No way" says Kie.

"No, no guys. I'm serious. There's a boat down there" repeats Pope and points to the boat.

"Holy shit he's right, let's go" Kiara takes off her clothes and so do the others as the crew jumps into the water.

————————————

"You guys saw that right?" JJ gasps as he surfaces. "Yeah" we all answer pretty much at the same time

"That's a Grady-White" laughs JJ. "a new one of those is like 500 Gs easy" we get back on the boat. "That's a primo rig" JJ climbs on the boat.

"yeah yeah yeah. That's the boat I saw when I surfed the surge" says John b. "Maybe it hit the jetty or something"

"You surfed the surge?" asks kiara curious.

"That's my boy. Pogue style" says JJ laughing. "Too bad Emilia didn't let me go last night" JJ turns to me.

"You didn't let him go?" John b looks confused at me, wanting an answer.

"That's not true...I—I just didn't want to be alone in a hurricane, okay?" I say in defense.

"Yeah right, she wanted to be in the company of this great guy here" JJ points to his body and winks at me.

——————————-

The two boys have just left the chateau to go surfing.

"Mia? I'm gonna go... see you later." says JJ, with his surfboard under his arm.

"Wait..." I stammer. I hate to ask him but I have to get over myself somehow because I can't be alone right now.
"JJ?"

"Yeah?" he looks me in the eye, not knowing what I'll say.

"Can you stay here?" I ask softly. I kind of immediately regret that I asked him, but I just hate storms. I am a person, that don't like being alone at all.

"Um... but I wanted to go surfing with—"

"I know. But, I— I don't want to be alone." JJ stares at me for a moment and then replies.

"Are you scared?" he asks caringly.

I don't really know how to answer this question... on the other hand, I don't even know why I asked him to stay here in the first place.

"No, no I'm not scared I— I mean maybe, yeah. I just— I just don't like being alone..."

JJ smiles and puts his surfboard next to him on the wall.

"yeah, of— of course I can stay with you. You don't have to be afraid." he smiles at me and walks back into the chateau.
"Besides... since you put it that way, I'm not going to miss the chance to finally be alone with you without your annoying brother being there all the time."

I just let out a light giggle in response. This is basically the first time we have been completely alone together since what happened. And I in particular feel strange being alone with him. I knows I'm safe with him and everything, but I just can't forget what used to be, and what isn't anymore.