Chapter 17 - Hero

Pico's PoV

"Ah fuck! I'm down, you guys, go!" Nene said, holding her shoulder.

"Nene!" Cherry exclaimed running to her.

"Cherry, no. Let's go." I said, grabbing her dress.

"You go on ahead and save us! I know you'll win because, you three are basically the protagonist of the story." Nene said, making us stop.

"What?" I said.

"What I said, shit-brain. I feel like I'm just the quirky best friend in a story if this is a story." Nene held her chin. "That's not a bad idea, actually."

I heard running footsteps coming for us.

I turned my head to Nene again. "Play dead like before." I said, winking while giving her the finger guns.

She smiled because of memories and shit, nodding after.

"You two, go to the opposite direction of where the footsteps are because that's where I'm going. I got this." Darnell said, pointing at where we're supposed to go.

"Thanks, man." I said, grabbing Cherry's arm ran.

"Are you really okay with leaving your friends behind?" Cherry asked.

"Yeah. I know they got this. We've done this a bunch of times." I said.

"Oh... I hope Nene is okay..." Cherry muttered.

I raised an eyebrow. "You sound like you like Nene."

"I don't?"

"Cherry!"

We both stopped at the sound coming from the speaker. I look around and put my hand in my pocket in case we get ambushed. I pulled Cherry closer to me and put my other hand in front of her.

"Sweetie, don't disobey your mother." Her mom said sweetly yet she sound sinister. "Turn around and just wait!"

I found the camera and shot it.

"Let's go where we won't be spotted by cameras." I said, grabbing Cherry but she slapped my hand away. "What now?"

"Let's just... Turn around." She said.

"Are you fucking serious? After everything we've done?"

"I don't want to disobey!" She exclaimed.

I ruffled my hair because I'm annoyed. "Nene and Darnell injured themselves. You looked around for help and ran to Keith's apartment, and now you're backing away?"

"I don't want to tell my parents." She glared at me and held her shoulder. "You wouldn't know that."

"Don't forget that I can shoot you any time I want." I said, grabbing my gun. "It could be now."

"Okay! I... I can't! I... agree that my parents want to keep him- Keith is all I have--" Cherry paused then looked at me. "It doesn't matter for you, right?"

"What?"

"It doesn't matter because... You two already broke up."

"You wouldn't stoop this low. Do you think you'd be happy with Keith being unloyal to you too?"

"What makes him unloyal though?"

I bit my lip to her response.

Don't say it.

"It's because of me. So that's okay-"

I pointed the gun at her forehead to shut yapping. She yelped in fear.

"You're stupidly wrong." I said, pushing the gun further making her stumble and fall on the floor.

I return the gun on her forehead. "It's because you're pathetic."

"I didn't mean to--"

"If it wasn't for you, he wouldn't dare running to save your weak princess ass." I said, clenching the gun.

I heard her breathing go fast. I smirked at her actions.

"Don't let the gun prevent you from talking." I said, chuckling.

Then I started laughing, soon it turned into a maniac one.

I stopped and looked at her with emotionless eyes.

"If I kill you." I muttered audibly, regaining my posture. "Then everything will be alright. You wouldn't be in my way."

Cherry widened her eyes as she slowly back away.

I put my hands on my pocket and walked slowly walked towards her, feeling anticipated.

She stopped and inhaled violently. "Fine." She spat, putting on a brave face. "I just want to tell you this before I die."

I looked at her and chuckled. "Okay. Go ahead, daddy's princess."

She clenched her fists and glared at me, standing up. "This is the reason why Keith doesn't want to be with you."

I froze on the spot. Keith... What's with him and his power?

How did he manage to make me wrap around his finger?

Before I realized it, tears are escaping my eyes.

Cherry looked at me, probably thinking, "oh shit, too far."

"Don't look at me." I said, treating her.

She nodded sadly and turned around, facing the wall.

"Keith is the first decent "boyfriend" I ever had out of all the boyfriend's I had. He understands me and... He's a really great guy in general." Cherry said.

"And... I don't love him in that way. I love him as a friend. That's why when you won the battle, I was afraid. Afraid that Keith would forget me." Cherry laughed after. I heard her sniffle. "And I think he's starting to. I don't want to lose a great friend... Do you?"

"So that's why you have your parents do this." I said.

"I know that it's wrong. I tried to stop him. But if I did, he wouldn't come back to me." She said, her voice cracking.

I looked down the floor, and to my shoes. "It's over now anyway. You don't have to worry about me stealing your friendship."

Cherry turned around, wiping her tears.

"You can be with him, I don't care. But in order to do that, let's save him." I said, grabbing her arm and my trusty gun.

We entered the hallways and are heading to the location.

"Pico." She called, making us stop our tracks. She gave me the same brave face, this time with determination. I let go of her arm in the process. "I'm gonna make things right. No more lies."

I looked at her confused, then continue walking. "Whatever floats your boat, come on."

"Pico?" Cherry said, tugging on my sleeve.

I looked at her, confused.

"Keith loves you." She said, making me not believe her anymore.

I HAD A DREAM HOLDING PICO'S HAND AND WE STARTED A WORLD'S BIGGEST HAND HOLDING AHAJCBBA