Chapter 14 - You Didn't Listen

This story is unedited, I will be editing it in the future :3

Pico's PoV

I woke up with an empty space beside me again. Keith is really a morning bird or whatever you call that. I checked the time and it's 10:29 am. Oh wow, that's the earliest I've ever woke up to.

Even though I have sleeping issues and Keith keeps himself awake for me, he still wakes up early.

Holy shit. I am such a burden.

After an hour of thinking about everyone, I finally got up. At this point, Keith is the reason why I get up.

I opened the door and saw Keith turning off the stove. He noticed me and waved at me.

"Oh hi, Pico. I'm heading out for a bit. I'll see you maybe in 3pm." Keith said, approaching me and giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Do you have to go?" I said, holding his hands.

"Sorry. I'm looking for a new job so we don't struggle. You know." Keith said, patting my hands.

"I could get a job for us." I suggested.

"A job not to threaten people, silly." Keith narrowed his eyes, booping my nose after.

"What's life without thrill?" I asked.

"I gotta go now, see you later!" Keith ran outside and closed the door. He came back a second later. "I love you!" He shut the door again.

I quickly opened the door and ran outside. I saw him running east.

"At least give me a chance to say I love you too!" I exclaimed.

He raised his hand, signaling that he heard it.

I sighed, seeing him run away again.

He's been acting weird these past few days. I don't think he's even telling the truth to me. He's been out of the ordinary.

Don't tell me... No, he wouldn't do that.

He promised not to.

The only reason why he's lying and being super secretive is...

He's surprising me for Valentines day!

OOOO I do want to know what he's going to do for me but it wouldn't be a surprise.

Just a peek wouldn't hurt though.

(why is he going in the venue?)

Nene's PoV

I went inside the venue, approaching Keith.

"Hey, Keith the great winning speech contest 10 times in a row and making everyone in school envy you." I greeted him.

"OH uh... Hi, Nene. What are you doing here?" Keith asked.

I think he's feeling nervous.

"Signing up for the Valentines rap battle, what does it look like?" I said. "Don't worry. It's not like I'm battling you, I mean, you're not Cherry's girlfriend anymore, are you?"

"No! Jeez, why would you say that?" Keith exclaimed.

"Okay good." I gave him the suspicious eye, my specialty. "Making sure that you don't steal my girl."

I saw Senpai walking towards us. I glared at him in disgust.

"Nene? Oh how delightful to see another fair maiden around here. But you are far from the fairest maiden of them all." Senpai started yapping.

"Shut your mouth you cocksucking lesbian." I said. "I'm going to bring you down."

"I believe you wouldn't. You don't have the looks of a fair prince that princesses wants." He said. He turned his attention to Keith. "This gentleman and I will be fighting for our love on the day of love."

"Keith?" I said, confused. "Excuse me, can we have a moment?" I took Keith's hand forcefully and dragged him into a corner.

"It's not what you think." He said.

"Why won't you let me battle for Cherry instead? You already have Pico with you." I said, whispering at him.

"I think I can do this to save Cherry though. You know how Senpai is."

"I know him more than you do." I said, shaking my head to somehow keep me in the subject. "But Keith. The thing is, Pico and you already had an argument about rap battles. Don't let it happen again."

"I won't let it happen if you don't tell him what I'm doing. I'll do the battle, you distract him for me, I win, and we can put this all behind us."

"Or I do the battle and you keep your life with Pico. A two step plan."

"I don't think you can win this."

"Why?" I said. "Because I'm not you."

"No, it's because..."

Silence filled between us.

"You're rotten, Keith." I said, walking away.

Pico's Pov

I bit into my ice cream while waiting. I saw Nene walk towards me sadly. This is going to be a bad news, isn't it?

"It's not good, Pico." She said, sighing as she sat beside me.

"Oh..." I mumbled, looking at my shoes.

"I don't think you're getting him back. He's the same Keith but... With Cherry as his 'girlfriend.'" Nene said, quoting the word.

I nodded in response.

She held my back and looked at me. "You know what to do, right?"

I nodded my head in response again. "Yeah."