Chapter 15 - Conclusion

Pico's PoV

I waited at the couch for Keith to get back. It's taking a while for him to go back. But it's only been an hour, why did it felt like a day?

Finally, Keith entered the house. He locked the door and saw me.

"Hey." He greeted, smiling.

His energy is also off. Usually he gets back home really happy and hugs me. But I think not today. He's tired from something else.

"I brought brownies today. They're a percent off in the market." Keith said, hugging me but I prevented it by holding his shoulders.

"Is there something you want to talk to me about?" I said.

Keith looked at me surprised. He went to the kitchen and put the brownies on the counter.

"Not really. My day has been pretty boring." He said, washing his hands.

"Like, how's your day? Where were you?"

"Okay, I get it. You had Nene spy for me!" Keith exclaimed, hitting the counter with his hand.

"I saw you walking in the venue. I thought we agreed about this." I argued back.

"Yes! And I swear that this is the last time."

"You swore that that was the last time. We agreed to tell what's happening. What happened?"

"Okay! Okay, fine." Keith said. "I'm saving Cherry from insanity, there."

"Keith. She's not your responsibility anymore. She's not your relationship anymore. I am!"

"See! I knew what you are gonna say."

"But it's true though!"

Our argument was interrupted by a doorbell.

Keith threw the towel away and then opened the door.

"Trick or treat!" Skid and Pump cheered.

"It's not fucking Halloween!" Keith slammed the door close.

He went back in the kitchen.

I followed him. "Jesus Christ, Keith. Now you're pissed because I told you off?"

"I can't just let a friend in danger!"

"Don't act like you're the only one that can 'save' her! You're not the only person in the world with that talent." I exclaimed. "Nene wanted to have Cherry you're in the way. You don't have to be in the way."

Keith turned his back at me, crossing my arms.

I finally released the tears that I've been welling up inside me. "Both of us need to work together if you still want this."

Keith didn't say anything.

"Please talk to me. We promised to talk to each other about everything." I said, reaching out to him... But I held back.

"There's nothing to say anymore." Keith said.

"I bet you're thinking that I should've lose that battle." I said, making Keith turn around to face me.

He has this confused look on his face.

"Then you wouldn't have to be forced to be with me." I said, walking away from the kitchen.

"Pico, wait." Keith chased me in his room.

I'm packing up my belongings. I stopped and looked at him. "Make a choice, Keith. Me or Cherry?" I said.

He looked so puzzled. "But Cherry is in dange--"

"You made your choice. We're breaking up." I said, continuing to pack up.

"Pico, no, we don't have to do this." He said.

He ran beside me and held my hands to prevent me from packing further. I continued anyway.

"Stop, please." He hugged me, locking my arms to the side.

"Back off." I warned.

I felt tears on my favorite sweater.

"Back off I said." I escaped his grip and grabbed my gun. "Go outside. Please. Don't make me hurt you."

"I'm not going to leave you for this again."

I started walking towards him and he stepped back, terrified.

"I thought so." I said, closing the door and locking it.

I heard a knock from him. "Okay, I'll tell you this, Pico. I'll respect your decision."

I sighed, holding back tears. I closed my bag and headed outside. Keith was standing by the door.

"I love you, okay?" Keith said.

"You're seriously not gonna let it go?" I asked.

"What??"

I bit my lip and formed a fist. No, don't Pico. Don't try to fix what's already broken.

I gave him a glare and then walked out the apartment.

Don't look back. Just walk away and don't look back. You've already made that mistake.

I raised my head and saw Nene and Darnell waiting in the parking lot. They looked sad.

I exhaled, wiping the tears away and got in the car.

Keith's POV

I watched as Pico drove off with his friends. I sniffed, punching my chest to somehow make the pain that I'm feeling a bit better. The punches weren't effective. I can't even feel them.

I think this is enough.

"Have you seen Cherry?" I asked the guy who is working at the venue.

"Oh Keith. Well, they're in the house. I think they're actually expecting you there." She said.

"Thanks." I said, putting my hands in my pocket and headed off.

Nene's Pov

Pico just got out of the break up zone, so Darnell and I are gonna help him get through this naturally.

But he hasn't come out of his room.

"Did we give him too much space? Or does he need more?" Darnell asked.

"I don't know. Usually, I take 5 months to get out of break ups." I told him.

"Well damn, you did waste your life." He said.

"I don't think I'll be doing that anymore." I said.

I knocked on the door, hopefully Pico would answer.

"Pico?" I said.

"Pico, my man?" Darnell knocked on the door too.

"You need to get out and eat too, dummy." I said.

He's not answering.

"We're coming in." I said, worry risen in my voice.

I twisted the door knob but it's stuck.

"Shit. Pico locked the door." I told Darnell.

"At least tell us to wait just a bit." Darnell said.

He twisted the door know and then slammed his body to it.

"No, you're gonna hurt yourself." I said.

Frustrated, Darnell took a gun from his pocket and shot the door knob.

We opened the door and our eyes widened.

"Pico!!"

(lol)