Chapter 11 - "Best Holidays"

Keith's PoV

Damn, there's not much stores open today because it's Christmas eve. I know the mall is open though and it's not that far.

I couldn't decide what gift I should buy for Pico so I'll buy it while I'm in there.

I got in the mall and searched on the first store that caught my eyes.

Maybe he would like this thingy. It's a galaxy light thing that points at the ceiling and you can see galaxy shit.

I think he'd like it. I can already imagine his reaction.

I smiled as I took it and ran at the cashier.

But the line is too long. I waited patiently for the line to shorten.

I felt a cold tap on my shoulders. I turned around and my eyes widen.

"Cherry's parents?!"

Pico's PoV

"Chill dude! You wouldn't shoot children!" The bomb head said, kneeling on the floor with his hands behind his head. So does the two kids.

"Tell that to my school shooter. That fucking bitch. Also sure! I'd shoot you instead of them." I said, pointing the gun at him.

"If you're gonna shoot, at least shoot the string thingy that resembles my hair." He said, pointing at the rope that's pointing out his head.

"Smart." I chuckled.

"We're sorry we stole your gun, mister. We just want to blow up the mall or kill the mall." Pump said.

"And you told us that if we kill the source of the holidays, we can get an extra day of Halloween." Skid added.

I sighed, urging myself to face palm but I can't. It's my fault after all.

"It's Christmas. Don't you want gifts or shit?"

"Nah, we're here for the candy." They said, smiling.

"But in Christmas, you get candy gifts." I said.

"Really?"

"No way!"

"Jesus-- Here come. I'll gift you candies." I said, stuffing the gun in my pocket and held Skid's hand. He held Pump's hand and then Whitty's. I dragged them in the mall.

"Nah, I gotta go back to the party. The only reason I went with them is because they don't have adult supervision or something. It's your turn now." Whitty said, running to the car and driving off.

"Hey! I didn't ask to be a parent!" I exclaimed. Oh what's the point.

I took them in anyway.

When we entered the mall, there's a large group of people gathering. I could care less, probably some fake dude Santa feeding children lies.

I purchased the candies and gave it to them. When we exited the store I heard a very familiar sound.

Keith...

I dragged the two with me at the railing.

It IS Keith. He's rap battling Cherry's parents.

So that's why he never came back...

He said he would get something to heal this injured wrist, I guess he got lucky that he made an excuse to go here.

"Are you okay, Pico?" Skid asked, tugging on my pants.

"Go away, kids." I said, shoo-ing them off.

Both of them sat beside me anyway.

A group of people watched beside me.

As I watch Keith give a big proud smile, I can't feel but feel proud for him too. But I'm a bit hurt. I'll know why.

I sighed, resting on the railings as I continue watching him from afar.

I should be thankful that he became my boyfriend anyway, don't be ungrateful, Pico. No one would've choose to love you anyway.

"Look at that girl's boyfriend." Someone said beside me.

"Look at him go! He really treasures his girlfriend."

"If I was her boyfriend, I'd cherish her."

"Actually, he's my boyfriend. Both of them are not dating anymore." I decided to correct them.

"Yeah right."

"You wish."

Okay, it's natural that no one would believe you. Just don't force it.

It's okay, you can talk this through with Keith.

Keith's PoV

Phew that was close. I could've been eaten by Lemon Demon.

I feel like I'm forgetting somethi--

"OH! My poor sweet Cherry!" Cherry's mom rushed and hugged her daughter.

"Thanks to you young man, our daughter isn't dead!" Her dad said, giving me a thumbs up.

This family and everything around them is weird. Which I really like!

"Keith!" I turned to my left and saw someone I haven't seen in 10 years. "Big brother, I miss you so much!"

"Holy Holidays, Miku!" I went and hugged her. "You've gotten much taller now.

"Yeah! I told you I'd be taller than you. Twice your height even."

"Curse your height." I said, acting upset. "Are you staying for a bit?"

"Sorry, I have a live concert in 24 hours! After Holidays performance." She said. "I wish I could but I'm really really busy."

"Nah, I understand." I said, patting her back to make her a bit better.

"If you wouldn't have inspired me so much by your singing, I wouldn't have reached my dream." Miku said, making my heart melt.

"Stop using your cute little sister charm on me!"

"Keith..."

I widened my eyes as I start to sweat.

How could I forget such an important person?

"Pico..."