Prologue

The voice first came to her in a dream. "He's an asshole." It said simply, as if right beside her ear.
She was angry, the moment she had been waiting for had been interfered with.
"No he's not!" She turned around, looking for a voice in the already crowded room.

"Oh come on, he's the most stereotypical of assholes." The voice again was a boys' and loud, as if it was her saying it. But that was not possible, because she was not a boy.

"Where are you?" She turned in a slow circle, the living room of the party hosts' house was jammed with people. The smell of sweat and alcohol was present.

"You tell me. Who's party is this?" She looked around and the faces became blurry, the room was suddenly black.
"Hey where'd the party go?" The boy's voice was all she could hear.

"You're in my head." She told him, "I was dreaming." She forced her eyes to open, they were heavy with the desire of sleep. "You're not real." She said out loud, her room was silent other than the slight hum of the fan in the corner.

Her eyes adjusted to the dark, and they scanned the small room, and for a while everything was silent; well other than her steady breathing and the fan in the corner.

She lay back down, her cheek to her pillow when the silence was broken.

"That's not a very nice thing to say."

++++++++++++