• 𝘹𝘭𝘪𝘪 - 𝘱𝘰𝘦

Start from the beginning

"Without the Republic Fleet, we're doomed!" C-3PO says.

God. What do we do?

"How do we blow it up?" Han asks, looking back around the room. "There's got to be a way to blow it up."

I nod, exhaling slowly.

"Han's right," Leia says softly, looking at him, then back at the hologram.

Admiral Statura lifts his head to examine the hologram, looking back at Leia, then at me.

"In Order for that amount of power to be contained, the base will have to have some kind of thermal oscillator." He says.

Finn nods, stepping forward again.

"There is one," He states, raising his hand. "Precinct 47–here."

The area of the base map is lit up and identifies the oscillator and it's location.

"If we can destroy that Oscillator, it might destabilize the core and cripple the weapon—" Statura states.

"Maybe even the planet!" Another Admiral chimes in.

I nod, looking at each of them, then back at Leia.

"We'll go in and hit that Oscillator with everything we've got." I state.

"They have defensive shields that our ships cannot penetrate." Admiral Ackbar states.

Han nods, raising an eyebrow.

"We'll disable the shields. Finn," He says, looking across the table at Finn now. "You worked there. What do you got?"

Finn nods, peering up at the base's map. He purses his lips and nods again.

"I can do it," Finn states, crossing his arms over his chest.

Han turns his head and smiles at his Wookie companion.

"I like this kid," He states.

"I can disable the shields but I have to be there. On the planet." Finn states.

Han turns his head and nods, assuring Finn.

"We'll get you there," Han states.

Leia frowns tightly, shaking her head.

"How?" She asks, her jaw set tight.

He smirks and shrugs.

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." He says.

I exhale, clenching my eyes shut before opening them and looking back up at the hologram.

"So, we disable their shields, take out their oscillator, and we blow up their big gun." I state.

Admiral Statura nods, looking around the room.

"Alright, let's go." He states.

"With all do respect, Admiral, we aren't done here." I state, staying put in my spot beside the table.

Leia turns to face me, an eyebrow raised. Admiral Statura narrows his eyes and looks back at Leia.

"We've made a plan that allows for bending upon any obstacles we may have to face along the way. What more could we possibly need in our plan to destroy the First Order?" He asks.

I lift my gaze and spot Marlene and Piper staring at me, brows furrowed, lips parted.

"Someone important to the survival of the Resistance is still there, on the base. Elyse Organa-Solo is still there, held captive by our enemies and few of you even bat an eye." I state. "So, what do you plan to do to save her?"

Admiral Statura looks back at Leia and sighs, crossing his arms.

"What do you want us to do, Commander? She's stuck there. And we aren't even sure if she's still alive. You were lucky to escape how you did and survive the crash. Elyse may be long-gone for all we know." He says.

"And what if she isn't?" I exclaim, my voice echoing around the room. "This is the General's daughter you are talking about. Not some amateur student hidden beyond the ranks, A pilot and Doctor. Doesn't that mean anything to you?"

He looks around the room, exhaling sharply.

"What do you want me to say, Poe? We can't save everyone." He says.

I slam my hand down against the table, stepping towards him.

"Tell me we have a plan, Dammit!" I exclaim, my voice louder than I had planned. "Tell me that there's hope! That Elyse isn't another name in a book of the dead and another face pinned to a wall of the lost. Tell me that she isn't just a ghost to you. If she's still alive now, and we leave her there, when that planet cripples in on itself, she dies. And you're the person who will have to answer for that."

Finn grabs my shoulder, keeping me back. My heart pounds in my chest as I turn to face Leia.

"General Organa, ma'am, do I have permission to send a ground unit to find Elyse?" I ask.

"No need," Han says, stepping forward now. "Finn, Chewie, and I are already gonna be there on the planet. We'll find her while we're there."

I nod, the relief building up in my chest. She's going to be okay.

"Okay. Let's get to work." I state.

Everyone runs in opposite directions, some frantically running for the bridge and others running for their battle stations or aircraft. I approach my X-Wing, pulling my vest over my shoulders and zipping it up.