CHAPTER 5 : YOUR VOICE

Start from the beginning

Y/N: Who am I to pretend to be a King or a Queen ? A pawn's life is cool too.

(A pawn who has braved all dangers has much more merit. On top of that, he can become what he wants except the King if he did a really great job. It's a pretty good deal.

It's shame that there's no Bishop building. I would have gone there without hesitation.

Not even speaking about the chess game, it's more interesting to be someone unpredictable in life.)

Random Guy 2: Is he really going there ..?

Random Girl 1: He's going to lose his chance, and the real test hasn't even started yet. He should aspire for more...

Random Guy 3: More people should do the same to make more room for us.

Random Girl 2: I'm ready to become a magician. I'm sure that he's just someone who dreams of becoming a magician, but who remains no less than a good-for-nothing.

(You talk way too much. Take care of yourself instead of judging others. You clearly have better things to do. Are they the future magicians who will protect the world ? We're on a very bad start...)

Y/N: Excuse me, I'm the kind of person who's prettt shy ! Could you all stop looking at me ! Thank you !

(I've been walking without too much embarrassment towards the Pawn building for a few minutes already, when I started to hear footsteps following me. I'm not the only one who finds most people's mindset ridiculous after all. Going to the Pawn Building is not a bad thing.)

???: Hey, You ! Don't walk that fast !

(It's a girl's voice ? What does she wants ? I felt a hand on one of my shoulders suddenly, just after hearing the voice that just called me.)

???: Let's walk together ! Many people has their focus on you. I need some attention too.

Y/N: I don't need you near me. If you want some attention, just do some silly things in front of them, like imitating a monkey. I am sure they will appreciate it.

???: I don't need this kind of attention. Sorry, but you're not going to see me doing this today. Let's keep walking, I don't know if it's just me, maybe it's because we are the only ones going there, but it feels like the building is further away than one might think.

Y/N: You're the only one thinking like this, I can guarantee you that. And since when we are close enough to talk like this with each other, stop this please. You are wasting your saliva for nothing. I don't want to listen to you.

???: You're not being really nice, you know that ? I don't have bad intentions. I'm sorry if something puts you in a bad mood, but don't pour it on me.

(It's something that I could say too...)

Y/N: Nothing unusual, thanks for asking. There is just you, and only you.

(I want to run to the building, but she made it clear to not run... Why does she keep walking next to me with a smile on her face ?)

???: It's only because of me ? You're doing fine then ! I was really worried about you. Consider my presence as the things of life that are inevitable.

Y/N: Why would you worry about me ?

???: You want to talk with me now ? You are lucky that I am not spiteful, I forgive you for your attitude. (she said, with a proud look on her face)

Y/N: I'm asking because you're talking about me.

???: You don't seem to be the kind of person who thinks he's the center of the world, maybe I was wrong when I saw you... I thought you wanted to attract all the attention on you when you decided to go to the Pawn Building alone.