CHAPTER 2 : LEGACY

/ Flashback /

Location: South Korea, at IZ*ONE dorm

Date: April 17th 2020

Time: 08:27 a.m

P.O.V: Chaewon

Chaewon: Huummm... What time is it ..?

(It's already 8:28 a.m... I should wake up now and get out of my bed, I have a lot of things to do today. I'm smelling something good hmmm... Let's go before there is nothing left to eat for me.)

Chaewon: I still have a headache, and I feel weird when I use my hands, it's like they don't belong to me... When will it go away ? The doctor told me that it was nothing serious, but I can't help but to be worried...

Chaewon was walking straight into the kitchen, when she saw Yujin and Hyewon eating bibimbap, and they had hotteok on the side for the end of their meal.

Hyewon: Chaewuuun haaaaa ! What are you waiting foorrr to come and eat ? I'll eat mmmmm... everything with Yujin mmmm... if you don't make up your mind quickly. You know how difficult it is to have deliveries these days.

Chaewon: Fine, I'm coming to eat... Just stop talking with food still in your mouth, you can slow down the pace, I don't plan to eat a lot anyway.

Hyewon: You could have told me earlier. (she said whining)

Chaewon: Sorry. (she said with a sincere smile) Where are the others ?

Yujin: They left for the other dorm, but I don't know why, probably to play or to talk with the other members living there.

Chaewon: And you are the only ones who stayed here ? Why ?

Yujin: We were hungry, we were not in the mood to share with everyone else, and we were waiting for you. Unnie, since that day, you really don't eat much, that's why we have to keep an eye on you. Stay positive, we were lucky enough that we didn't lose our dorms !

Chaewon: You didn't have to do that. I'm okay... (she said, feeling touched by her sister's words)

(She's the youngest between us, but I ended up being the one people have to take care of...)

Hyewon: You're not okay. We all know that it's difficult, especially for you, but we are here for each other. We must continue to live, and stop lamenting on the things that happened. Eunbi unnie wouldn't like to see you in this state.

Chaewon: Even after everything you've told me I still think it's my fault, if only I had listened to this man...... (she said starting to cry)

Yujin Unnie... I don't like to see you cry... You are not the one who should suffer, you did nothing wrong. This man you told us about was clearly crazy, he is the one at fault.

Chaewon: I really try to think like that, really, but it's too difficult... If only I could ask Eunbi unnie her opinion, but she has her own fight to face right now...

Hyewon: Are you going to visit her at the hospital today too ?

Chaewon: About that, could you tell her that I'm sorry ? I can't go today, say hello to her for me. I have a few things to do today.

Hyewon: You don't have to be sorry, since that terrible day, after waking up one day after you passed out, you went to visit her every day to stay by her side.

Let us take care of her. We love Eunbi unnie too, we don't intend to leave our leader alone. (she said with a sweet smile)

Chaewon: Thank you for everything, really, you are the best friends I could ever ask fir.