Chapter 6

I woke up from the peaceful nothingness of my sleep. I looked around and for a second I forgot where I was. I forgot what had happened.

I sighed and looked over, expecting to see Anna. To my surprise she was already up. I slowly sat up in bed and I had a horrible pain in my back. I got up and walked over to a mirror.

Well don't I look stunning.

Ha, not really.

I decided to ignore my messy brown hair, smeared makeup, and nasty clothes, and just walked down stairs. I looked around for Anna. Instead I found Jordan.

"Morning sunshine." He said trying to choke back a laugh. I didn't have the energy to make a smart remark so I just sat down on the couch next to him and sighed.

"Woah, woah, woah. Did I say something wrong?" He said worriedly.

"Nah, I'm just tired." I said while rubbing my eyes.

"Well, we have coffee here if you-"

I cut him off. "Give me the coffee."

He laughed nervously. "What ever happened to saying please?"

I just glared at him and he got up and slowly backed away into the kitchen with his arms up in mock surrender. "How do you like your coffee?" He yelled from the kitchen. "Just make it and I'll add the stuff." I replied. He popped his head out of the kitchen. "You want anything to eat?" He asked kindly. "Nah." I didn't have much of an apatite since last night. He disappeared back into the kitchen. After a couple minutes he came out and sat on the couch beside me. "Coffee is done." I moaned dramatically and got up. I slowly walked to the kitchen and put creamer and sugar in my coffee. And a lot of it. After I was finished I walked back to the couch and sat down.

"So where's Anna and Dakota?" I asked, sipping at my coffee.

"They left to get the luggage from the car."

I just silently nodded my head and continued drinking my coffee. I suddenly thought of my Mom an Dad and It felt as if my heart had been stabbed. I wanted to see if they were okay. I missed the smell of home. I missed the way my mom would tell me everything would be alright. I miss the way my dad would look at me with such happiness in his eyes. I hope they're still alive. There's only one way to find out.

I put my coffee cup down on the wooden coffee table. "Hey Jordan?"

"Yes?"

My question was interrupted by a loud whistle outside. "Hold that thought..." He said as he got up and opened the door. Dakota was carrying two bags and Anna was carrying the other one. They dropped the luggage on the floor, panting.

"That shits heavy." Dakota said breathlessly. Anna nodded her head in agreement.

"Yes!! Clean clothes!" I smiled and walked to my bag. I saw Tyler's bag beside it and my heart tinged. I know it's only been a day but I missed him so badly. I picked up the three bags and started toward the room.

"Hey, let me help you with that." Jordan grabbed two of the bags off my shoulder.

"Thanks."

"We've got running water if you'd like to take a shower. We've got our own water system so I guess you can call us lucky." Jordan offered a smile.

"Yea, okay, thanks." I smiled back at him weakly.

He stopped in tracks. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing." My voice cracked and my eyes began to water. Jordan dropped the luggage. "You're lying." He whispered as he pulled me into a big hug.

And that's when I broke down. I started crying hysterically, clinging on to Jordan as if my life depended on it. I tried to stop, I tried to choke out words, but I couldn't. Finally, after about 10 minutes of crying, I managed to calm down a bit.

"So tell me," he pulled away to look me in the eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Everything." I croaked. "Everything."

He gave me a sad smile and wiped the tears from my eyes. "I know." He said sadly. He picked up the luggage again. "So how about that shower."

"Okay." We reached the room and set everything down. After he explained to me where the towels are and things like that, he left. I opened my bag and searched for my sweatpants and a comfortable shirt. I kept looking over at Tyler's bag. I sighed. I wanted one of his comfy, baggy, sweatshirts. I quickly unzipped his bag and looked for one. As my hand neared the bottom of the bag, I felt something hard. Curious, I tugged at it and pulled it up towards me.

I stared at the object in shock.

The object in my hand was a gun.