Arc Two · Unfolding Stories

Lee Jihye tried to look at her brother's phone. "Kekeke~," she laughed like a fox, a devious smirk on her lips. "Come to mama, phone~!"

She failed.

"Jihye." Lee Haneul's stone-cold voice made his sister freeze. Like a deer under headlights, she refused to look as an ominous aura rose behind her.

"Lee Jihye!" His hand yanked the phone from her hold. He disregards the puppy-eyes she gave, now immune to such endearing actions.

Lee Jihye stomps her feet while fuming. "Come on! Who were you texting?!" She groans while whining. Faceplanting into the couch, she grumbles curses.

Lee Haneul sighed at her childish behaviors. "Jihye, you're already twenty-one," he reminds her with a subtle grin, merely irking his sister. "Also, I wasn't texting someone special. Just my friends from Japan," he answers the reason behind all her antics.

Immediately after comprehending his words, Lee Jihye became unamused. "Oh, that's all?" Her voice was muffled because she was still on the couch. "That's boring."

Lee Haneul sighs, carding fingers through his brown hair. "Anyways, I have to call them. Be right back," he mumbles while tapping on his phone. Soon enough, ringing was heard.

His steps echo through the room. Lee Jihye waited for minutes, some noise piercing her ears from outside. Her stomach then rumbles, making her stand.

Lee Jihye staggers while muttering incoherent profanities. She clicks her tongue after recalling how their fridge was empty.

Banging a fist on the table, she mutters, "Damn! This is why I should have gone to the convenience store..." Lee Jihye bit her lip. "But then Brother would scold me after.

As Lee Jihye laments on her growing hunger, something caught her eye. There was a folder on Lee Haneul's desk, having nothing written on the front.

"What..." Lee Jihye mutters, eyes widening when she realized the folder's purpose. "Arc two drafts!" She gasps while looking through the context.

"Kekekekek....." Snickers came out of Lee Jihye's lips, making her look even more sly. A giant smirk stretched on her lips, taking leisure time in hiding the folder.

"He wouldn't mind me taking these... Right?"

 Right?"