He started the car and 'we built this city' by Starships was on and I grinned like a Cheshire cat. "I love this song." I stated. 

Mr Danvers glanced at me and smiled, "really? Me too." I looked at him as he reversed back and onto the main road.

"Have you got any plans for the weekend?" He asked turning a corner. 

"Yeah, my sisters coming home for a few weeks." I answered. Tammie was coming back home after living in Australia with her husband and daughter for a few years.

"Where has she been?" He asked.

"Australia, she moved there a few years ago." I smiled, I was beyond excited to see her. We'd never been really close but I could always talk to her and in honesty I've missed her.

"Australia? Wow. My Step-brother moved their years ago and got married." He said glancing over at me.

"Step-brother?" I asked curiously, wondering if it was too personal or not.

"Yeah my mum died when I was young, so my dad remarried to a woman years later who was divorced with a son. We're more like best friends." I smiled at him.

"I'm sorry about your mum." I said. 

"It's fine I was about 2, I don't remember her, it was a car accident. Sarah is great though, my dads so happy." I smiled softly at him.

"How long have you been teaching?" I asked, changing the subject.

"I taught primary school for a year but it wasn't for me so I had a break from teaching and now I'm trying sixth form. So far I'm enjoying it." He looked at me with a small smirk, I could feel my cheeks burning.

"What number?" I frowned and glanced at him confused. "House number, Aubrey?" 

I mentally rolled my eyes at my stupidity, "30, that one." I pointed to my house, disappointed we had already arrived.

"Thanks Mr Danvers." I said opening the door, I felt a hand grab my upper arm.

"Aubrey you can call me Hunter, if you want, I mean you don't have to." He released my arm and rubbed the back of his neck nervously. 

I smiled, "see you Monday Hunter." His lips twitched into a grin, I shut the door and made my way to my front door a grin on my face too.

~*~

"Aubrey!" Tammie squealed as I walked through the door. I smiled, dropped my bag and rushed in to give her a hug. It's hard to believe I haven't seen her in 4 years.

"I've missed you so much. Come in and meet Dan and Lana." She grabbed my hand and dragged me into the living room. Mum and Dad were both sat on the big sofa with a small girl in the middle playing with Dads hat and there was a handsome man sat in the arm chair smiling at Tammie.

The little girl ran into Tammie's arms. "Aubrey this is Lana, my daughter. Lana this is your Auntie Aubrey." I laughed as she put her arms out to me, I grabbed her and she wrapped her legs around my waist. Tammie walked over to the arm chair and sat on the arm, putting one arm around the mans neck. "And this is Dan my husband." She gave him a quick peck on the lips and smiled up at me.

"What time did you get here?" I asked playing with Lana's hair. 

"They got in not long after you left for school." My mum answered. I nodded and set Lana down on the floor.

"Oh Aubrey we're all going out tomorrow night. We're meeting Dan's family at a restaurant." My mum said getting up and heading into the kitchen.

"You're from around here?" I asked Dan. He had short blonde hair swiped to the side and dark brown eyes. The complete opposite to my sister and I, as we both had dark brown hair with light grey eyes.

"Yeah I am, but I moved to Australia about 6 years ago." I smiled and nodded. It's a small world. My sister moves across the world and meets a guy whose from the same town we're from and falls in love and gets married.

~*~

"Purple or Red?" Tammie asked, holding two gorgeous but different dresses up. She was stood at my doorway, looking stressed.

"The Red, it's more informal, you're meeting his parents not the President." I said, applying some nude lipstick. I had a black and nude lace dress on with some of my favourite black heels. I pulled my hair into a side bun with a few loose curled strands.

"Funny Aubrey. Red it is then." Tammie concluded and she ran off to her room. Tammie, Dan and Lana are all sharing Tammie's old room.

After a few finishing touches I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs. Only Mum, Dad, Dan and I were ready. I wasn't surprised Tammie is taking forever some things never change and now Lana must take after her.

"Tammie, Darling we have to leave sometime tonight." My Dad called up. I laughed along with Mum and Dan.

"5 minutes!" She screamed back.

Once we were all crammed in a taxi we headed to The Apple, one of the few fancy restaurants in our town.

~*~

"What time are they coming Dan?" My Mum asked sipping her red wine.

"I told them 7. So hopefully soon I'm starving." He answered. My mum smiled, although she looked nervous.

"So only your parents know your back in town?" My Dad asked.

"Yeah I'm surprising my step-brother." He explained, my Dad smiled.

Wait, Step brother? Hunter had a step-brother who moved to Australia a long time ago who got married. Dan's been in Australia for 6 years and got married, so that could mean...

"Dan is your-" I began.

"They're here!" Dan exclaimed cutting me off. I stared at the entrance and my mouth hit the ground when an old man came in followed by a middle aged woman and then, last but not least Hunter-freaking-Danvers.

Dan stood up and walked over to them. Hunters face lit up and he started laughing. He grabbed Dan and pulled him into a manly hug. It made me smile without even knowing it.

"Cute isn't it Aubrey?" My mum asked, I looked at her and nodded. Tammie then got up and hugged his Mum and Step Dad introducing herself and Lana. 

"Hunter, this is my wife Tammie and daughter Lana." Dan introduced them. Hunter hugged Tammie and picked Lana up then after a few seconds put her back down.

Dan turned to mum, dad and me, "this is my mum, Sarah and her partner John, Hunter's dad," he then turned to his family, "this is Tammie's Mum, Diane, her Dad, Roy and her sister Aubrey." As soon as Hunter heard my name his eyes snapped towards mine and he grinned, I smiled back. 

"Aubrey." He said nodding his head once a small smile on his lips. 

"Nice to see you again Hunter." I said, it was aimed to be sarcastic but he just kept grinning.

"You two have met?" Tammie asked curiously.

"He's my History teacher." I answered at the same time Hunter said, "she's my student." Everyone laughed about how much of a small world it is, I sat there and rolled my eyes, whilst Hunter kept grinning.

~*~

We had all ordered what we wanted for tea and were sat chatting about Australia. Hunter was sat across from me and occasionally I would sneak a glance at him, but find he was already staring at me.

"Hunter how old are you?" My mum asked. "I'm 25." Wow, he's younger than I expected. A 7 year gap. I can cope with that. I started laughing out loud. An occasional thing I do.

"Everything okay sweetheart?" My dad asked, frowning.

"What? No I'm fine I was just... you know... remembering that time when Tammie weed on an ants nest and then she had to sit in the lake because the ants started attacking her." The whole table started laughing and indulged in sharing a few embarrassing memories.

Mr Danvers chuckled listening to the stories, and as if he sensed me staring at him he looked up then winked, with that my face lit on fire like a match.