Chapter Sixty-Five: Something About Chipmunks

Start from the beginning

"Let go of her," the voice said. "I told you guys I should've talked to her first. Violence doesn't always work."

The guy loosed the grip of his hand on my sleeve, but I jerked him away. I looked behind him only to find myself glaring at the guy who said something.

"Is this really how you wish people a Merry Christmas, Bentley?" I snarled at him.

He returned a charming smile. "No, usually I let my money do the talking and give them presents to make them happy. Please excuse these guys, it worked for the others, so they thought we should treat you the same."

Others?

The bodyguard who lost his pride in the groin grunted.

Bentley rolled his eyes. "Yeah, sure, sure, whatever makes you feel better. She's stronger than she looks though. It's surprising for a girl, much less a nerd."

I ignored that. "What do you want?"

He blinked. "Did you forget about the banquet?" He asked me in confusion. "I'm quite offended that you would, even after I personally invited you."

"So you think you can try to kidnap me?"

"Not think, know. Guys?"

They suddenly grabbed me and began to drag me out of my house. I would've tried to scream, but they were sure to cover my mouth so I wouldn't. One of them opened the door to the limousine waiting for us at the street and practically tossed me in, then slammed the door shut behind me. I banged my fist against the window, trying to open the door, but it wouldn't budge.

"Merry Christmas Naomi," someone said.

I turned around for my jaw to drop. "Declan? Jordan?"

They looked alright for fellow kidnapped people, though they were in their pajamas like me.

Jordan held out a cup in front of me. "Eggnog?"

"What are you guys doing here? Did Bentley actually kidnap you too?"

It took them a while, but they finally admitted it. They're parents were already asleep when they took them.

"They figured out about my shoulder, that's why they got me," Declan grumbled. "How they got Jordan was stupid."

"He bribed me," Jordan told me.

I blinked. "With money?"

"No, with food," he said before biting a cookie.

Declan rolled his eyes. "We could've gotten away, but he told us he was going to do something to you unless we stay with him."

"Good thing they did," Bentley said as he stepped into the limousine.

"You have us here now, so what do you want?" I demanded.

"Obviously you're here for the Christmas Banquet," he told us, as the limousine began to move. "But also, you're here to help me persuade my brother to come to the banquet with us."

"Why can't you do it yourself?" Jordan asked him before he took another bite of a Christmas cookie.

Declan looked at him. "You're not helping if you keep on eating."

"Didn't you hear me? I need help. He won't listen to me, but I know he'll listen to you."

"What makes you think we'll help you?"

"The banquet has food."

"We're in," all three of us said in unison without missing a beat.

-