The Power-Up and the Haloless Angel.

Start from the beginning

"Jashin Chan, you look really cute!" Medusa compliments.

"I agree." Hotaru adds. "Who knew you looked good in clothes?"

Yurine grabs a mirror and places it in front of Jashin Chan so she can see how she looks. Her reaction wasn't any different from Medusa and Hotaru's and she stared at herself with awe.

"I look just like a human girl." Jashin Chan says in a daze. She looks at Yurine and smiles. "This is great! Thanks Yurine."

Hotaru knows Yurine pretty well and he can tell when she feels embarrassed or flustered. This was obviously one of those moments.

"For her to actually thank me..." Yurine murmured.

"Hey Yurine, how does it feel for the thing that's trying to kill you thank you?" Hotaru asks with a hint of tease. "I bet you feel a little fuzzy."

Yurine steps on Hotaru which causes him to wince, but the trade off was totally worth it since teasing Yurine and getting away with it easily is rare.

"Isn't this great?" Medusa asks Jashin Chan with a happy face.

"That's right Medusa..." Jashin Chan said with her devilish tone. "I can't allow you to wear clothes cuter than mine."

Everyone was taken aback at the sudden change of mood. Jashin Chan slithers to Medusa and gives her a stare.

"Even though you're a higher level, you're still of a lower class than me." Jashin Chan begins. " You absolutely can't forget this."

Medusa stutters in response as she tries to find the right words to respond.

"So what level are you at right now?" Jashin Chan asks.

"I just hit level 50." Medusa answers.

Jashin Chan's expression stiffens and her face pales. No detective is needed to understand her train of thought.

"So that's how it is!" Jashin Chan with a stiff laugh and pats Medusa's shoulder. "Don't worry, just keep on the good work."

"So how does leveling up work?" Hotaru asks Medusa. "Do you have to beat a demon or clear a dungeon?"

"It's more like the more experience you have in your lifetime, the higher your level is." Medusa said. "For example, academics, jobs, learning a new skill, and having new experiences are all ways you can level up."

"Depending on your level, you can get special items, coupons and other stuff." Jashin Chan adds as she collects herself.

"Hell's way of leveling up is like having a coupon book." Yurine said.

"So, since I'm stronger, currently taking college classes, have a part time job, AND part human, does that mean I have a high level?" Hotaru asks. "I would be like level 78!"

"I don't think someone who lives in the human realm will have a level." Medusa said. "Even if they are part devil."

"Even if you did manage to find out your level, you're a lot younger than Medusa and Jashin Chan." Yurine reminds Hotaru. "I bet you're like level 2 or something."

Hotaru's confidence took a drop and brought back Jashin Chan's. She gives him a smug grin.

"Well, what level are you?" Yurine asks Jashin Chan to put her on the spot.

Jashin Chan wobbles and holds the wall for support. She looks like she's about to throw up from the pressure of Yurine's question. She slowly slithers to her bed closet.

"I'm a little too excited." Jashin Chan said with cold sweat. "I'm going to go sleep."

Yurine and Hotaru sigh and Medusa looks at Jashin Chan with a worried look. All of the sudden, Jashin Chan starts slamming her door causing Yurine to get a bit pissed.