"Hello, Tom."

Tom sat up to stretch his arms; Tord threw the blankets off of him, which landed on Tom unfortunately.

"Tom?"

"Hmm?"

"When did I put this on?"

"Oh, last night, 'round 12 or 1."

Tord flushed involuntarily.

"W- what were we doing?"

Tom caught on and shook his hands in reassurance.

"You just overheated. You took off all the layers you were wearing, but you felt indecent so I gave you back the sweater. It's been all charged up."

"Oh, thank you Tom."

The two had eaten with an unsettlingly, on-edge Trisha. Something seemed to be crawling under her skin, but they moved on and headed to the flower shop to get Tom's school bag, which still had Tord's 'missing' ID in it's front pocket. Tord would retrieve it in a bit. They walked hand in hand to school. Edd and Matt were happy to see them. Tord was tired. Tord was always tired, but usually not this early. Whatever, it was fine. When Tom looked away from Tord and his bag Tord dug swiftly for his ID. He shoved it in his pocket right in time as Tom turned back to look at him.

The day went as usual, Tom would walk Tord to and from classes, but today there were more small kisses. Tord has reasoned it was making up for the lunch detention where they would be separated. Tord clung to Tom when he walked him to 3rd period.

"No, don't go!"

"It's just two hours, Tord."

Tord merely clung tighter until Tom glared at him sternly.

"Fine, but when I see you after lunch you're not getting away so easy."

Tom sighed before speaking. "God if we don't have some classes together next year I'm gonna lose it."

With that Tord headed into his 3rd period. At lunch he sat glumly at the table with Mina.

"What's got you down fam?"

"Oh, I just miss Tom."

"Oh no! What happened to your Prince Charming?"

"Detention."

"Well it'll be better soon bud."

"It's a while of detention. Anyways that's not the point, are you ready for auditions today?"

Mina nodded excitedly.

"They'll be loads of fun I'm sure, maybe they'll be like a rollercoaster!"

"Maybe."

Lunch went on and Mina had flipped open her sketchbook to draw whatever she had on her mind. Twenty seven sketches of a jackal and cat doing things together filled the book, and Mina knit her eyebrows worryingly.

"Is everything alright Mina?"

"Do you think Dragina is into Jackie?"

Tord looked over Minas sketches and took in the gazes on the cat's face towards the jackal.

"Looks like it. She looks like she's pining."

Mina giggled and pumped her fist in the air. Soon the bell rang and the two headed off to the choir room singing together some song from a musical while they walked. Mr. Talonson seemed stressed as usual while he worked on his laptop at his desk. The girls grabbed their folders, took their seats, and started the warmup. After said warm up auditions began. A girl would walk up with her music and sing the solo. There were two, but they had the same composition so you just rolled with it. Mina had shot her hand up immediately, and she made her way down to sing through the run. She didn't have her music on her, having memorized it weeks ago. The concert was in a few weeks and this was one of the last steps. Mina had received applause and cheers from others in the class, which she accepted with a smile and bounce before stepping down. Tord daringly put his hand up but a girl in the alto section was chosen first. After her Mr. Talonson called on Tord. Shaking he stepped down, his grip on his closed folder so tight; his fingers where ghostly paler than usual. Mr. Talonson poised his hand ready.

"Are you ready?"

"Yep."

Mr. Talonson started to play the accompaniment. Tord took a shaky breath and jumped in at the cue.

"The field was bright with clover, I saw the finish line. I started as a rover and then, victory was mine."

Tord shook his fist victoriously at this and continued on.

"I thought the race was over, but they just kept moving the line."

The piano stopped and Tord caught his breath after the long final note. The class erupted into clapping and Tord stumbled back to his seat shaking all the while.

Mina was right, it was like going on a rollercoaster. The class continued on with auditions, it would take at least another day before what he could only refer to as the semifinals began.