Chapter 86

"It's really nothing."

"If it was 'nothing' you wouldn't have been fighting for who knows how long."

"3 hours."
"Jesus, Tom!"

"It was fun." Tom softly shrugged, his eyes refused to leave the floor and his back rested against the cold of the steel walls.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why'd you do it." It came off as more of a demand than a question.

"Does it matter?"

"Yes. What you feel matters. I can't help if you don't let me in your mind!"

"Well maybe I don't want you in my mind. Because maybe if you are in my mind you'll see how insecure I am. Maybe if you go into my mind you'll see how fucking jealous I am of you and that Anastasia bitch." Tom's face was burning and his voice got softer as he went on. "Maybe you'd see that I'm fucking horrified for the future because you might not be in mine." His voice was almost silent, and his hands were shaking behind his back. He heard Tord stand up from the bed.

And soon he felt warm hands enveloping his. But the shaking didn't stop. Tom was lost in his mind, and for the first time in a while he was genuinely scared.

"Tom. Look at me." Tom slowly looked up, and was met with the flowing grey eyes of Tord. "I want you in my future. Even if my dad doesn't approve of that. It doesn't fucking matter. Because all that matters is that I love you."

"You promise."

"Of course, Tom. I'm not going anywhere unless you want me to."

"And I don't think I'll ever want you to."

Tom removed his hands from Tord's and pulled him into a tight hug. He buried his head into his boyfriend's shoulder and softly cried. Tom felt overwhelmed, and the Red Leader had stacked the odds against him.

He pulled away after a while and cleared his throat. And his mind searched for solutions on how to be with Tord safely. His best chance to get Tord's dad's approval would be to become a good soldier. Not just good. The best. His mind was made up, he was going to become part of the red army.

And then his phone rang. He looked down at it to see his Granny's number, as well as 12 missed calls.

"H-hello?"

"Tom! You dumb child. Where are you?"

"Don't worry, I'm safe."

"That doesn't answer my question!"

Tom walked outside of the room to take the call in private.