Chapter 6

When Harry looks around in the classroom, a well known face is the first thing he sees. Louis is sitting in the back of the class, Zayn next to him. So apparently they share English as well. Harry is curious how many classes he shares with the boy.

Usually Harry is a really open person and it's easy for him to just talk to someone and start a conversation but feeling Louis' blue eyes burn holes in his back makes him really nervous. He has no clue where he has to sit. He doesn't want to bother anyone with his presence so he settles for a seat where no one is sitting yet, two rows in front of Louis. He really wants someone to sit beside him, but he is not hoping at all. He is the new kid.

"Good morning, class." A man, somewhere in his thirties Harry guesses, enters the room. He has a big smile on his face and he really looks like a person who is excited to teach. Harry immediately likes him.

"So, I see a new face! Please introduce yourself, young man." The teacher smiles. Hesitantly Harry stands up and walks to the front of the class. The confidence that the boy normally has all the time, is nowhere to be found, all because of the boy in the back who gives Harry a look that he really can't place at all. It makes him nervous and he feels like he isn't worth anything. People in his school back in the USA don't look at him that way, never have.

"My name is Harry Styles. I'm 18 years old. I'm from Los Angeles, United States. I really love art. I paint and draw a lot, it's my passion and I'm really excited to meet all of you and get to know you better." Harry smiles nervously and quickly he glimpses at Louis, Harry doesn't know why. When he sees Louis in conversation with Zayn he can breath normal again, knowing the boy doesn't give him that glare relaxes him. But now he is sad. He does want Louis to pay attention to him.

The class goes quite fast and Harry really thinks that English class in the UK is a lot more interesting than the one back home. It might also be because mister Corden is a really good teacher. He teaches passionately which makes Harry pay attention.

"So everybody for English class I want you to do a project. It will count for 50% of your final grade this semester so it's a big deal. You will work in pairs."

Everybody starts talking and pointing at each other but mister Corden stops them.

"I'm picking the groups."

A lot of pupils protest but Harry is relieved. He doesn't want to be the loser without a partner.

"Let me explain the project first:

I have a bunch of subjects. These subjects are about people who don't have it easy in our society and get a lot of judgement without deserving it. I want you to do research on them and put it into a presentation. Very important is that you do a really good research, very detailed. I want you to go very deep. You are going to look into the lifestyle of those group of people and also reflect on how you can make life easier for them and stop the judgement. Nobody deserves to be judged.

The first group is Ella and Jonathan. The two of you are going to research racism.

Hannah and Lisa, you are researching poverty.

Zayn and Stan, you guys have physical disabilities.

Meghan and Josh, mental illnesses

And finally we have Harry and Louis. You guys are going to research the LGBTQ+ lifestyle."

Harry's mouth drops and he doesn't even dares to look to the back of the class. He doesn't even need to when he hears a high pitched voice talking.

"Sir, this must be a mistake. Can't I switch? I'm not feeling comfortable."

Harry feels a pang in his chest. He really doesn't get it why Louis hates him so much. He doesn't even want to do a school project. together Harry is so embarrassed right now. People must think that Harry is horrible if the Louis Tomlinson doesn't want to work with him.

"There is no switching, Louis." Mister Corden's voice is hard and Louis doesn't even try to fight him. It only takes another minute before the bell rings.

"Louis?" mister Corden says. Louis turns around, giving his uncle a very annoyed look.

"What do you want?" he asks kind of snappy.

"Please stay after class again."

"I've got math."

"I'll write you a note. Come on Louis."

"Tell Eleanor to keep a seat for me, yeah?" Louis says to Zayn. Louis doesn't like math but it's the only class he has together with Zayn, Perrie and El so he really likes it. He is even more annoyed now that he has to stay behind.

Mister Corden closes the door when everybody left except for Louis.

"Your mother called me this morning, Louis. She told me what happened."

And now everything makes sense to the smaller guy.

"So that's the reason of this stupid project? Just because you talked to my mother? Jesus."

"Don't talk to me like that, Tomlinson. The way you are behaving towards Harry is not okay. I heard from your mother you let him sleep in the hallway and now you screamed through the whole class you are not comfortable working with him. That's not okay, Louis. You have to be nice to him. Don't forget that you are going there as well and I don't think you want Harry to treat you the same way."

"I don't care. I don't want to be friends with him uncle J. He is weird. I don't like him, I'm sorry."

"He looks like a good kid."

"He looks like a cocksucker."

"Louis!" James hisses.

"What? Okay I didn't use the correct term. I just really don't want to do this with him, uncle. Please change my partner and subject? Can't I switch with Stan?"

"No you cannot. I'm disappointed in you Louis. I really hope that doing this project will open your eyes that being gay is not a bad thing. Louis, I know this is a hard subject for you after what happened but..."

"Don't. Finish. That. Sentence." Louis' voice is cold and he doesn't care he is talking to his teacher/ uncle. He should know better than bringing up that subject.

James sighs.

"Louis, I really love you boy. You are like a son to me. Don't do this to yourself, okay. I know I'm the only one knowing but..."

"There is no but. Can I go to math please?"

Louis is fighting his tears, biting his lip.

"Here is your note." James quickly writes some words on a paper to excuse Louis. Louis takes the note and walks outside of class. He just wants to spend time with his girlfriend.

Please make my day and write some nice comments :) I fell from the stairs :(