Chapter 2 | "watch it"

Start from the beginning

"Hey, are you okay?"

Hyemi turned to see Yuta standing in front of her, offering her his hand. She took it gratefully as he pulled her to her feet.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks again."

"Of course, sorry about him... again."

The two of them laughed together.

"So, Hyemi, are you-"

"Yuta!"

He turned his head to see Jaehyun calling him. When Hyemi followed his eyes, she made eye contact with Jaehyun, him shooting her a glare before sitting down.

"Never mind, I'll see you around."

With a small smile, Yuta stood and walked away. Jeno rose from his seat, walking over to her.

"Hey, you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about it. I'll just go grab my food now."

"I'll go with you." Jeno said with an eye smile. "I feel like it's been years since I last saw you. Class isn't the same without you."

"Aw, thanks Jeno, but I'm glad you guys have eachother. I'll be fine on my own, just don't forget about me." She joked as they went to stand in line.

"Never!" He gasped, throwing an arm around her. "We could never."

- - -

The rest of the day was uneventful and as the last bell rang, Yeji grabbed her arm and dragged them off to the auditorium, only stopping to grab their dance bags.

"Yeji! Hyemi! Over here!"

The two of them made eye contact with Hendery who was beckoning them over to the other guys who were gathered on the far side of the room.

"Wow... there's a lot of kids here." Hyemi said with a slight tremble, seeing all the kids gathered in the room. "And this is just the first years, right?"

"Yeah but don't stress, its not all dance kids. Rap goes first, then vocals, then dance. It'll thin out a lot by the time it's our turn to go." Yeji said reassuringly.

"Yeah, and you better be cheering us on!" Yangyang joked, playfully bumping her shoulder and causing her to relax.

"Of course we will." Hyemi responded. "You guys are gonna kill it."

"How does this even work, again?" Xiaojun asked, all eyes landing on Hyemi.

"Why are you all looking at me?"

"You've got older brothers here, they must've explained it all to you, right?" Yangyang asked. "I want to get into Mark's team, so help a brother out with any info please."

"Yeah, Mark's team is the top team. That's the one I'm going for, too, so spill girl." Hendery added on.

"Well they basically said that each team will first do a demonstration performance to start everything off, you know, get us hyped but also intimidate us to see how we react. Then they'll call us up one by one to perform our pieces. Once each category is done, each team will step up and announce who they're going to offer spots to, and then we get 1 day to make our decision."

"How many people usually get offered spots?" Yeji asked nervously.

"Well, Taeyong said that the dance teams usually take 3-4 people, the rap and vocal teams usually 4-6. Seeing that there are 3 teams for each, that's a max of around 30 kids."

All of them looked around, seeing well over 100 kids in the auditorium.

"We'll be fine. You guys got this, okay? We're all gonna make it."