Chapter 2 | "watch it"

Start from the beginning

"Hyemi."

"I'm YangYang." "And I'm Hendery."

"It's nice to meet you guys." Hyemi said with a smile as the three boys took their seats.

"So, do you guys also not know anyone else around here?" Hendery asked, looking around at the unfamiliar students.

"Nope, just eachother." Hyemi replied with a shrug. "I've got some friends in another class but they don't share any of my schedule."

"Can we see your schedule?" Yangyang asked, Hyemi quickly showing him.

"Well, it looks like the two of you are stuck with us. We have the same schedule minus first period." Xiaojun said with a grin. "Looks like we just found ourselves some friends."

"So," Yeji began. "What are you guys into? I'm going to be trying out for dance later today."

"Nice, we're all auditioning too. I'm going for singing." Xiaojun replied.

"Yangyang and I are both going for rap. What about you, Hyemi?"

"Dance as well."

"Nice. Well, hopefully we all do well." Yangyang said with a smile.

The five of them conversed quietly, Hwayoung easily fitting into their little group as if she'd always been friends with them. To her surprise, she never even thought of her other friends.

- - -

"Hey, Hyemi, want to sit with us?" Xiaojun asked as they walked into the cafeteria.

"Oh well-"

"Hyemi!"

She looked up at the call of her name and saw Kyunghee and the boys sitting with her brother's team. Her friend gestured her to come over, patting a seat between her and Jichang.

"Not today, sorry! I'm going to go and catch up with my other friends."

"No worries, see you at the auditions!" Yeji and the guys smiled at her before going off to a table of their own.

Hyemi turned and made her way to her other friends, sliding into the seat they had saved for her.

"So, Hye, how's your day been?" Lucas asked from across the table. "No trouble?"

"Nope, everything's been good. I've even made a few friends."

"Wow, Taeyong, your sister is even more social that you are." Miyeon joked, nudging the older boy.

"Oh shut it, Miyeon. But I'm happy for you, Hye, good job."

"Thanks, Tae. What about you guys?" She asked, turning to her friends. "How was your schedule so far?"

"Awesome! The three of us have all our classes together so we've been able to sit with eachother and everything! It's great!"

"Aw, I'm happy for you guys!" Hyemi said with a genuine smile.

"But we miss you, Hye." Jeno said, squeezing her hand from across the table.

"Yeah, it's not the same without you, but at least we'll all dance together." Jichang added on happily.

"True, true." She laughed out, putting her bag on the ground and turning to stand up. "I'm going to go and grab some food, save my sp- woah!"

She was cut off as someone knocked into her, making her fall backwards onto the ground, Kyunghee unable to hold back her giggles as she landed on her ass.

"Watch it, Lee." Jaehyun growled coldly as he stepped over her, not even sparing her a second glance.

Hyemi watched as one of the girls in his crew shot her an apologetic look before smacking the back of his head.