2| First Day

September 1993

Today is our first day of senior year. I wake up an hour before my alarm, while Yoongi wakes up ten minutes before we are supposed to leave. Mom and Dae both went to work at 5am, so it's just Yoongi and I in the house. My Mom left us bagels on the counter for us. Once I'm done getting dressed, I devour two bagels.

"Good morning Kookie." Yoongi yawns while walking into the kitchen. I frown at the nickname he gives me. He first gave me that nickname when we first met. I liked it at first, but now it's just annoying. Even though we are the same age, he treats me like a little kid.

"Morning." I eye his attire. He's wearing all black, almost looking like a biker. His black t-shirt is tight against his chest, you can see the outline of his torso. He grabs a bagel and shoves it into his mouth. He then grabs his leather jacket and his car keys.

Yoongi's dad bought him a car a week after we moved here. Dae offered to buy me a car, but I refused to let him pay for something that I am capable of getting on my own.

In the meantime, Yoongi will be driving and taking us home. I told Mom I would rather walk, but she refused and told me to go with Yoongi.

"Ready?" Yoongi grabs a water bottle from the fridge. I nod and grab my backpack.

"Good morning beautiful." Yoongi says to his red 1989 Chevrolet Corvette. I roll my eyes and get into the passenger side. Yoongi put his sunglasses on before rolling down the windows and blasting the radio; Bad to the Bone rings through my ears. I sigh and place my head in my palm.

The ride to school is short. My nerves take over my body, making me shake in fear. Everyone's head turns towards us as Yoongi drives into the parking lot. I cover my head with my hand, avoiding the stares. Yoongi smiles as he parks the car. The music stops and I immediately jump out of the car. People continue to stare at us as. Yoongi slams the car door shut behind me.

"Where ya going bro?!" He laughs. I grip onto my backpack and keep my head down as I pass the group of teens.

"Who are they?"

None of your business.

"Look at their car!"

You mean Yoongi's car?

"The one with the leather jacket is hot."

Of course he is.

"They're the new students."