3

Today is my second day at UA. As I walk through the hallways, I hear a voice.

"Hey Fujiiro!" I turn around and see Kaminoko running up to me.

"Oh, hey Kaminoko." I reply, waving sheepishly.

"Can we exchange numbers? I forgot to ask yesterday..." she asks.

"Uh.. Sure." I reply, taking my phone out.

We type each others phone numbers into our phones,

Kaminoko smiles "I'll text you later!" She says walking in the other direction.

~

I get home and Amma doesn't seem to be there, So I go to my room and read for a little bit. My phone buzzes. I pick it up to see a banner notification for a text Message.

"Hey is this Fujiro?"

I think for a Moment, eyebrows furrowed, then realize that it's probably Kaminoko.

"Yes, is this Kaminoko?" I text back.

"Yes it is! I just wanted to see how you were doing :)"

"I'm doing good, how are you?" I ask, lifting my fingers from the screen for enough time for her to respond.

"I'm doing good! I was wondering if you wanted to do something on saturday?"

"Sure! What time?" I ask.

"Does 3:00 sound good?"

"Perfect! See you then." I reply.

"See you then! :)"

I smile and put down my phone.

SLAM

A loud noise comes from downstairs before I hear footsteps. I go to investigate, my phone in my hand. I reach the bottom step to see two shadows

"She should be here"

"You sure this is the right place?"

"I'm positive"

I recognize those voices, but from where? I can't put my finger on it. I slowly walk to the location of the voices and quietly gasp. I see my parents near the entrance looking around. I quickly hide, hoping they don't notice me.

"What's going on? They shouldn't be here! I'm shaking, what do I do? I need to do something!" My thoughts are are running rapid through my head.

"Ikimono?"

I turn around and see my mom. How did she find me so quickly? I thought I chose a good hiding spot!

"What are you doing here?" I manage to spit out, my nervous tone obvious despite my attempts to hide it.

"What do you mean? Don't you want to see your parents?" She asked, her expression softening.

"No, don't act like nothing has happened, get out of here right now!" I yell, my anger and confusion and fear mixing together.

I'm shaking, I want to move but I'm frozen in place.

"Cmon Ikimono, we've changed, we can start over."My dad says coming into the room

"No, you had your chance, it's too late." I say angrily.

I hear a door opening and Amma walks in, her scared and angry expression illuminated by the lamp on the table.

"Mom! It's not what you think!" My mom says running towards Amma as she backs away.

"Get out right now! Don't you dare think about harming Ikimono!" I hear Amma shriek.

"Honey, let's get going right now" my dad yells before bolting out of the door.

I can hear the sirens in the background. I peer from my hiding place  and see the police arresting my parents.

"But? How did they get here so quickly?" I look as Amma is walking toward me.

"I knew something was up, I called the police before I came inside" She says.

I say nothing, I am speechless, did this really just happen?

"Ma'm are you okay?" A policeman says walking up to us.

"Yes, we are both fine," Amma replies.

"Good, we will make sure that these two will not escape again" The officer informs us.

Escape? They managed to escape prison?

"Thank you officer" Amma says before taking me inside.

"Are you alright? Did they do anything to you?" She asks me.

"No, they just asked if we could start over again." I say, my entire body shaking from fear.

Amma sighs and hugs me.

"Ikimono, I will make sure that no one hurts you, I promise"

My eyes tear up "I know Amma"