"Boring." Lydia countered

"Even the Church eventually declared the monster a messenger of Satan."

"Still boring."

"Cryptozoologists believe it may have been a subspecies of a hoofed predator, possibly a mesonychid."

"Slipping-into-a-coma bored."

"While others believe it was a powerful sorcerer who could shapeshift into a man-eating monster." Allison continued to read, ignoring all of Lydia's comments. "Any of this have anything to do with your family?" Lydia asked and the Argent girl nodded, "This. It is believed that La Bête was finally trapped and killed by a renowned hunter who claimed his wife and four children were the first to fall prey to the creature." His name was Argent." Allison said making Sage squint her eyes at the huntress.

Allison turned to look at the blonde, "Sage you must have heard the story right? I mean you lived your whole life in France?" Sage merely nodded at the girl- "Oui."

"So you've heard about it. About my ancestors?"

Before Sage could shoot down the girl's dreams Lydia had spoken up, "Your ancestors killed a big wolf. So what?" Lydia asked, clearly unimpressed. "Not just a big wolf. Look at this picture. What's it look like to you?" Allison asked as she turned the book only to reveal a drawing to Lydia and Sage.

The picture portrayed the beast very well. It stood enshrouded in mist, peering out of the darkness with red eyes and sharp claws. Bodies of women and children lay at its feet, looks of pure terror frozen onto their dead faces. Lydia stares at the drawing, her heart rate starting to elevate.

"Like a wolf," Sage muttered, her eyes flickered over to her strawberry blonde friend only to see that she had a dazed look on her face as she stared at the image. Her brows furrowed, "Lydia?"

"Lydia?" Allison called out to her as well feeling a pang of concern.

This seemed to snap Lydia out of her shock as she looked at the two who were staring at her in concern. "Just like Sage said. It looks - like a big - wolf." She stood up, giving them both a forced smile. "See you in History."

The ocean-eyed blonde watched as her friend strutted out of the cafeteria, head held high. But she knew that Lydia was still in shock from having seen the alpha.

Allison looked a little deflated from the fact Lydia had shot her down, Sage reached into her bag and pulled out a small little gift. "Here." She said handing the box to the brunette, "Happy belated, I wanted to give it to you on the day but you were off with Scott." Allison stared at the girl in awe as she looked at the box in her hand.

"Sage, you- you didn't have to get me anything."

"It's nothing, open it."

Allison opened the box to see a small little charm bracelet, it already had three charms on it- an Eiffel tower, the letter A, S and L. Allison gasped after seeing the charms, "It represents us you know, the Eiffel tower because our names are French and our initials and the bracelet is silver because your name means silver." Sage said and Allison reached over to hug the girl.

"I love it Sage, thank you."

Sage watched as the girl quickly put the bracelet on her wrist, she was about to thank the blonde again, but Stiles had run over and hauled her out of her chair. "Sorry Allison, you can talk to her later."

*~*

Sage found this plan stupid, she knew the reason why Stiles was going through such lengths but she was also glad that she was included in the plan. She knew if Scott had gotten too angry and shifted he would have killed Stiles, then she would have had to kill him and every other werewolf in town.