S6 - Chapter Four: Home Sweet Home

Start from the beginning

"Hey" I called grabbing all their attentions, "Take me home. I kind of miss it" I added and they all gave me happy smiles.

The closer we got to home, the more nervous I was starting to feel, I did just get up and leave in the middle of the night more or less.

People have been going crazy, some most likely hate me and others probably don't care or have forgotten about me, "Are you ready?" Maggie asked me as we came to a stop in front of the gate and I took a deep breath as I looked up.

"As ready as I'll ever be" I answered and she nodded her head slowly then the gate opened.

Aaron greeted Rick, obviously happy to see him as he pulled the man into a hug and I sighed in awe before his eyes landed on me, "Rain?" Aaron asked walking towards me.

"Hi, Aaron" I replied quietly and he shook his head, relieved to see me before he brought me in for a hug which took me by surprise but I still wrapped my arms around him.

"I'm so glad that you are home, it really hasn't been the same without you" He told me pulling away and I gave him a sad smile.

"I'm sorry" I apologised and he just smiled at me before putting an arm around my shoulder then he walked me through the gate. The others following in behind us.

"I'll get some spaghetti on for you all" Aaron said and I smiled as everyone moaned in delight at the thought of that.
"Yes please" I said and he nodded his head then I jumped when the gate slammed closed.

"Hey, it's okay" Aaron assured me squeezing my shoulder and I chuckled nervously.
"I'm sorry, I was out there alone for a long while so my back was always up" I stated and he pulled me into his side.

"You can relax now, Rain. You are home and you are safe" He assured me and I gave him a smile then he stepped away from me, "I'm going to go start on that spaghetti and I'll bring it over" He told me and I nodded.

"Okay" I replied and he smiled before looking at the other four behind us.
"Take her home" He instructed before walking off towards his house.

"Alright, Kangaroo, You heard him. Let's go home" Daryl said walking passed me then one by one so did the others and Michonne grabbed my hand which made me look at her.

"Everyone misses you" Michonne told me then squeezed my hand before leading me, walking with me towards the house.

My steps got slower and slower the closer we got and Michonne were very patient with me as she slowed down to match my pace.

"Come on, Everyone is inside" Rick stated already on the porch before he walked into the house with Daryl. Maggie looked back at me as Michonne gently tugged me forwards.

"No matter how much time is spent apart, they are and will always be your family" Maggie told me and I stared at her for a moment so she gave me a small comforting smile.

"You've got this" Michonne encouraged me giving me a small comforting smile too.
"Okay" I replied and Michonne, who were still holding my hand, lead me inside.

The front door closed and I held my breath as that caught the attention of all the people in the room and they all seemed surprised to see me as my brothers came running towards me.