Chapter 25: Military Line Assualt!

Start from the beginning

As this was starting, the sirens in the border towers of the Hyogo prefecture went off to give their citizens a chance to flee as cloned members of the Verdant guard and other members were all telling people to flee as far as they could into the prefecture since the battle was breaking out on the border. This alerted the news media that was stationed almost full time in the prefectures under the Verdant control as they began a live broadcast cutting into whatever was on tv. As such, we switch over to UA where Principal Nezu sent out an emergency alert telling everyone to get to their common rooms in their individual buildings and turn the TV on to the news as something was happing with the Verdant group.

Nezu himself ran over to 1-A dorms from his office since he knew Aizawa was there since the homeroom teachers lived in their class dorms. Once he arrived he found everyone in their PJ's looking at the TV as it showed a reporter talking about sirens going off and verdant members warning citizens to flee deep into the prefecture as a battle was breaking out. "The problem is that we hear no signs of battle though so we don't know if this is a test or---" the reporter said but got cut off by sounds of explosions which they turned their camera towards and saw it came from the dead man zone that was between the prefectures. They could hear the reporter talking about how the conflict had broken out but they didn't know which side started it and as they were talking a military convert of trucks carrying Verdant members passed by the tv crew which stunned everyone as they didn't know they had trucks like that on the Verdant side.

The TV crew got as close as they could and zoomed-in since they didn't want to get caught in the conflict but you could see out in the distance as military tanks were on both sides as each side was shooting at each other. There were bodies everywhere as a lot of soldiers on the government side had been caught off guard at the sudden attack. Nezu spoke up at that point. "It seems the Verdant was smarter as they likely learned of the governments impending attack and decided to catch them off guard. Regardless, the Verdant military has the clones to cut down their death count and increase the governments. I wonder how many of the 50,000 troops on the government side will walk away from this alive?" Nezu said and everyone tensed even harder at his statement and question as they wondered it as well.

They contained to just watch the news report as it went but back on the battlefront we could find Izuku Midoriya with his guards in a command post near the front lines. They had used the construction team to quickly build a deep underground command post that was reinforced quickly by other quirks so they could be near the front lines if they were needed but not directly in the line of fire for the government military to land explosive rounds on their location. Izuku asked how the battle was going as it had now been an hour into the battle and the start of the third wave had begun. Izuku knew most of the first and second-wave clones were already destroyed based on reports but they had made it up to the direct military lines with those clones so it was up to the third wave to keep it close combat and to break the defense line that the government had established. 

"Overall, we are close to breaking the line. As it stands Tottori will break first which will allow us to come into the side and rear of the forces at Okayama. We have hundreds of twice clones on the battle line that is making clones left and right of our soldiers. We are also using clones to retrieve our wounded. Within the next half an hour we should break it and the moment we do we can use the military transport helicopters we have to get a lot of forces deep into the prefectures and push down to Yamaguchi as we can prevent a new defense line from being made in the orange marked land." Said Dabi as he was the head of the military troops overall with Stain as the second-in-command. Now talking about Stain, that man has been doing amazing work as he was sent in ahead of time deep into the lands and was assigned with some clones of his to take our corrupt government officials across the orange marked land. This way they didn't need to deal with corrupted officials later that were still around and get accused of ruling with an iron fist if they wanted to get rid of them.

Soon another half of an hour passed and reports came in from multiple places. One the defense line was broken in Tottori but also in some places of Okayama which would speed up the battle quickly. They also received reports from the northern line as the government attempted to have heroes push south but it ended up failing due to the forces they had placed up there. One special quirk user from an advanced team was called explosive Vision. This allowed the user to focus on one point with eye contact and if they turned their quirk on then they could cause explosives to go off at that point. Now the explosives weren't big in any regards as it would be compared to half of a grenade going off but combined multiple clones of the said user using the quirk at the same time and they become a problem for others. As such, a large number of these quirked individuals were made and spread across all of the prefectures in the north as they used their quirk to stop the advancement of the northern government forces which were mostly heroes with a lacking of military members. 

As such, the attack by the northern government defense line failed as they couldn't get past the explosives that kept going off. This made Izuku smile as his plans were going well and only small problems had risen across the entire battlefronts as some people with flight quirks did cause problems on the north battlefront but were killed when they got too close. "When this is all over I want as good as a death count as we can get," Izuku said and they all nodded their heads. They had the military transport helicopters lift off from their position that was a bit deeper in the Hyogo prefecture and advances. They had to be careful to fly low enough to not get on the radar of the navy ships from the government that was in the waters between Kagawa and Okayama as well. 

Overall, the navy was the largest issue for Izuku since they kept sending damn missiles towards the battlefield which without a doubt cost them a lot of lost men. "We need to figure out how to deal with the damn navy!" Izuku said as he slammed his fist on the table. Everyone agreed but no one really had a good idea since they didn't have any ground to ship missiles nor any viable plans to get a quirked user close enough to the ships to take them out. Though Stain came up with a long-term plan and suggested sending a large number of Toga clones in to take over the ships.

"Once we are done with taking the orange land over. We can spend time having Toga clones take the positions of sailors that are in the docks of Kagawa or other places. This way we could slowly replace them. We would do this by getting a few clones of Toga on a ship that carries a few marbles of Twice clones and Mr. Compress. This way, twice could make more clones of Toga on board and Mr. Compress could hide the bodies in marbles as well so they don't get found. Once that happens Toga can lure victims in to get captured and transform into them until an entire ship is taken over. Once that happens we replace it with our members and have them use the ship on the other naval ships as we should only use clones on the ship so we don't lose any members since it would get destroyed by the other ships." Stain suggested and everyone looked at him in shock and he asked them what was wrong. "Nothing! That was an amazing plan stain! Toga go get some clones as he said in the prefectures that have any naval forces and start the plan since we really don't need to wait!" Izuku said and Toga nodded her head and had clones of her, twice, and Mr. Compressor made as they headed back to the main base and would get the clones teleported to a small base they had hidden in Kechi. 

Another hour went by and the defense lines in Tottori and Okayama were completely shattered and Verdant forces had moved completely into the prefectures and were pushing further south. The transport helicopters went south further before the lines were completely broken and had dropped forces off in Hiroshima to cut off the retreat of the military forces and in Yamaguchi. As such, battles were raging in those prefectures as Verdant forces from Tottori pushed into Shimane and met some resistance but not enough to stop them since more forces were focused in Okayama and the military had attempted to retreat via Hiroshima since their navy was providing cover but it didn't help them in the grand scheme of things since they had already been cut off by the Verdant before they fully started their retreat. As such, the naval forces of Japan could only watch from afar as their ground forces were taken prisoner over the next few hours. This brought an end to the south defense line and allowed Verdant to take control of all orange marked land on their maps which meant they now publicly controlled all of the purple and orange lands. They held control of the underworld in the pink land, light blue land, and portions of the green land.