[𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚]

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐

~𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬~

└────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┘

[ 𝙎𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙨𝙡𝙚𝙥𝙩, 𝙘𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙍𝙖𝙣𝙗𝙤𝙤'𝙨 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙚𝙩 𝙨𝙣𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣 𝙤𝙬𝙡 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚. ]

[𝙆𝘼𝙇𝙀𝙉 𝙋𝙊𝙑]

The next morning, Kalen woke up to abrupt yelling and a contrast of sunlight coming through Rhiver's bedroom window. After Rhiver's previous meltdown, Kalen decided it'd be best if he slept over on Rhiver's pull out couch incase anything happened the next morning.

Turns out, Kalen's prediction was right.

"Answer! Mae..." Rhiver seethed. There were unmistakable eyebags and dried tears rested on his face. It didn't take much effort to guess that he'd been trying to get Mae to answer him for hours now.

"Hey," Kalen consoled. "Calm down love."

"She's not answering me. It's been a day!"

"Mae's probably busy, her family just moved in."

"Busy. BUSY. Busy hanging out with that Ranboo guy," Rhiver scoffed.

Kalen pulled Rhiver out of his room, and down to the kitchen, "There's nothing wrong with making new friends. But I'm in no position to say 'I understand', so maybe try talking it out with me over breakfast."

Rhiver complied, sitting down on the kitchen stool as Kalen began to prepare waffles.

As Kalen did so, Rhiver pulled out his phone again, ringing Mae once more. To again, no response.

He slammed his phone on the counter in frustration, startling Kalen with the loud noise.

Kalen turned around from the sizzling waffle maker, and grabbed Rhiver's phone. They slipped the phone into their pocket and rested his hand over Rhiver's.

And maybe it was their faint French accent or the perfect feeling of their hand over his, but Rhiver could've sworn every burning flame of jealousy and anger went out in that moment.

"Calling her isn't going to help, love," Kalen soothed. "If she's replacing you, maybe it's a sign to move on. It won't be easy, but I'm here. Don't forget that."

Rhiver's eyes shut, but he could feel Kalen staring at him.

"I'll try."

"You won't. You will. For her. For me. For you."

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★。゚・ ───✧