xvii

" 𝐺𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡 𝑒𝑠𝑐𝑎𝑝𝑒, 𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑜𝑓 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑝𝑎𝑐𝑒 "

Wᴇᴅɴᴇsᴅᴀʏ 2:45 ᴘᴍ-

The sound of water dripping nearby filled Lev's ears. His eyes slowly fluttered open after passing out from his previous beating. It has been almost five days now; Lev was feeling many things but the main thing that was on his mind was fear.

He has family, a lover even; him being taken was risking all of their lives. Even though his body swelled with bruises and cuts, he was grateful that he hasn't been threatened yet putting his loved ones in danger. God, he didn't even want to think about what could've happened to Kuroo by now.

They were separated when they had gotten taken and haven't seen each other since. Maybe they were interrogating Kuroo first? Is that why Lev hasn't been threatened yet?

Now, Lev looks around the familiar area that seemed to be underground. His arms were zipped tied behind him, clinging him to a medal pole. He closed his eyes as he rested his head on the pole behind him; his stomach feeling the slight vibration of the loud growl his stomach let out.

Tired, beaten, hurt, hungry, drained; so many things flooded through his mind. You would think that Lev would have hope and was already looking for a way out but his faith ended the second day he was still in this dump.

For all the others know him and Kuroo aren't supposed to be back in another two weeks. By the time the other's realize they are gone they would be hanging from a tree branch, dead.

He would just have to hope on every star in the sky that this isn't how it ends for him.

Kuroo slowly opened his eyes to see the blood that he had just coughed up. The burning sensation of the punch that had just landed on his abdomen was the top pain he could only feel at this very moment.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw the man squat down to his level before feeling soft slaps on his left cheek. "Come on, don't give out on me now. I haven't even gotten to kiss your girl in front of you yet." The man taunted. This earned him a stinging glare from Kuroo and the man smiled, "There's the fighter I knew that was inside of you buddy!"

Kuroo looked at the man who plastered a gentle smile, continuing to threaten him with everything in the book. Kuroo had never seen this random man or his men other than the night that he kidnapped you.

The man that faced him now is average height with a slender build. He has slightly thick eyebrows, light grey hair, and dangered hazel-brown eyes with a birthmark mole under his left eye. Kuroo was still unknown to why he and Lev were taken but he figured that it had to do with Kitsune or Vercetti. Though, if it was about Kitsune; they would have acted on Kenma right after the news had spread that Kenma killed him.

Ever since both men were taken that day they were starved and beaten. Right now is the farest anyone of the unknown men has threatened or talked to Kuroo and Lev.

"Like I've stated before, all you have to confess is where that main house of yours is." The man said. Kuroo licked his lips and swallowed the saliva that was building up in his mouth before answering, "Like I've stated before, I don't know."

The grey haired man nodded before standing back up, starting to pace around Kuroo's frail body. "DK takes you everywhere with him; the club, to meetings, to the warehouses, to all the buildings he owns... Yet I wonder why he wasn't on this trip with you?" Kuroo watched the man every time he passed by his vision as he continued to talk.

"Well, I wonder about a lot of things. Why are you still with him even though you've seen how he ruined Vercetti's life? I wonder why you have the top general surgeon as your lover? I wonder if DK actually knows who put those thoughts into Vercetti's head about taking the guns? I wonder if Channa and Vercetti would have a normal life right about now if it wasn't for your manipulation?"

The man paused in his tracks and approached Kuroo once more, "I truly wonder how your girlfriend would feel if someone told her you had a sexual relationship with Channa?" Anger rose into Kuroo's eyes, "I never did that." He spat. "Then why were you more saddened by her death than her own future husband? Why did you vanish for three months after that day?"

Kuroo sofly smirked, "Whatever you're trying to do isn't working. Tell Vercetti that I never wanted his bitch and I never will. At that time I was with my girl and I'm not a fucking cheater. Plus, she's dead. Move the hell on."

At this rate the man grew tired of his shit: Kuroo watched as the grey haired man raised his fist and knocked him out with an instruciating punch towards his face.

You laid on your back with your legs prompt up. You were in your room resting on your bed as you played a game on Kenma's phone. Right now he sat at the foot of your bed trying to paint your toenails.

He couldn't even believe himself that you actually persuaded him into touching nail polish but ... here you both were. You continued to catch glances of him seeing him focus so hard. As you watched his body shift with every movement, you couldn't even believe the beauty of him.

His hair was up in a man bun as usual with little flairs of hair falling amongst his face. He wore a dog tag necklace with no shirt and black sweatpants that were lowered so you could see the brand of his Calvin Klein boxers showing.

He caught you staring and softly smiled, "What? Want some dick too?" You smiled and narrowed your eyes back at him but before you could answer you saw a message pop up on his phone.

Your eyes averted back to his phone seeing that the text was from Angelina:

𝐼 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝐾𝑢𝑟𝑜𝑜 𝑚𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑏𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑒.

Kenma saw your face go weird, "What is it?" he asked. You sat up and showed him the text and he just closed the notification. "He's fine. They probably just got into an argument and he is being stubborn with texting her back."

"Yea but it must obviously not be the reason cause she texted you about it. What if he went missing?" You said back. "It wouldn't be the first time; plus Lev is with him and you don't see his girl texting me worried." Kenma argued.

"Well at least text her back, it's not good for her to get stressed a lot." You said handing him his phone. He placed it on the bed beside him, "Yea I will later."