xiv

" 𝐼 𝑔𝑢𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼'𝑚 𝑡𝑟𝑦𝑖𝑛' 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑎𝑦 𝑖𝑠 𝐼 𝑛𝑒𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑝 𝑒𝑛𝑑 "

Sᴀᴛᴜʀᴅᴀʏ 1:24 ᴘᴍ-

You stood in front of a bookshelf, staring at the books that you hoped would bring you entertainment. Your fingertips grazed the spine of a hardcover book before you pulled it off the shelf.

Since the book didn't show a description of what it was about, you turned to the first page and started to scan the first few sets of paragraphs.

"Aren't you supposed to be checking if the guy is showing up to the building?" A voice whispers in your ear. A small smile casted on your face knowing who it was, "Shouldn't you be heading to the building right now other than worrying about what I do when you aren't here?" You replied.

You felt his breath past your ear as he let out a small laugh. "When you say it like that it makes me even more curious about what you do when I'm gone."

You turned to face him, "Why do you make everything sexual? You kinda sound like a horny thirteen year old."

He stuffed his hands into his pockets of his jacket while shifting his weight onto one leg, "Fuck you."

"You already did that, remember." Before he could say something back Lev came into the room, "I'm confused, why am I riding with Kuroo when you-"

"Because you are." Kenma interrupted. You saw how Kenma's tone and body language could change just that quick whenever someone was watching or whenever anyone else came into a room; somehow just over these three days it seemed different whenever anyone mentioned Kuroo's name or when Kuroo even came around.

Of course you asked Angelina if she noticed it and she said yes but Kuroo wouldn't ever talk about it when she brought it up to him. You figured they must've argued while they were drunk or something at first, but it's almost been four days with it.

And now Kenma was changing up their driving system just to not ride with Kuroo; yea.. not suspicious at all.

"Yea but I usually drive with Mamushi?" Lev responded. "And I said you aren't. Why the fuck do you need an explanation? Just ride with him so we can get the damn weapon back." Kenma raised his voice at him.

Your hand touched Kenma's right shoulder, "Chill, it's not even that serious." He instantly pushed your hand off of his shoulder, "Don't tell me how to feel. You shouldn't even be talking, this has nothing to do with you; you should only talk when someone is fucking talking to you."