- Chapter 15 - [THE END]

Start from the beginning

If, Mumbo realized. If he wakes up.

"So what was that about him being a Watcher?!" Xisuma demanded, giving Iskall a hard look. "I thought we specifically labeled the server as 'Watcher free.'"

"He was forced into being a Watcher. He didn't ask to be one," Iskall argued defensively. Mumbo was surprised he was one of the people to be defending the winged hermit.

"And he hasn't hurt us yet," Scar added from the doorway, nearly scaring Mumbo out of his skin. "No need to ban him."

"Did you know?" Mumbo asked, looking back and forth between the two of them.

Scar shrugged. "No. I always just had that specific feeling when I was around him."

"Great! Well, if we're done arguing about Grian being a Watcher why don't we actually HELP HIM?!" Iskall shouted, snapping Mumbo back into focus. They had to help Grian.

"To the hospital! Again!" Xisuma exclaimed, leaning down and carefully picking up their friends fragile body.

As everyone left, Mumbo cast one last uneasy glance at Sam, followed them.

>- Many, many days later... ->

Grian's POV
  Grian opened his eyes to sunlit room, filled with the fading golden rays as the sun set across the sky.

  He forced himself into a sitting position. Rubbing his head, trying to focus his eyes, he glanced around the room. It was the hospital room, the one he'd woken up in after the explosion all those months ago.

  How long has it been? Grian wondered. He noticed his wings were still out, wrapped in a few tight bandages to keep them in place.
What happened?

One arm was in a cast, while his legs were wrapped up. Wires were also attached to him, instantly making him feel uncomfortable.

"Hello?" He called in a croaky voice. He coughed, the shaking of his shoulders hurting his chest.

Grian would have gotten up and looked around, but he was physically unable to stand up. His legs were still in a lot of pain, every little movement making them feel stiff and constricted.

"Anyone there?" Grian called again, a bit stronger this time.

"Grian?" Came a response, making him relax.

Mumbo peaked into the room, his eyes lighting up when he saw Grian awake. He tried to wave, but found his body extremely sore and stiff, so he just smiled awkwardly.

"..hi," Grian greeted his friend.

Mumbo hurried over, about to hug him, but seemed to remember the state of Grian's body, because he stopped last second.

"You're awake!" He cried happily. "It's been weeks!"

"W- oh. Weeks?!" Grian exclaimed, the news hitting him like a sharp cut to the wing. Mumbo nodded regretfully.

"False is doing better now," Mumbo explained. "Everyone knows about you being a Watcher."

Grian wanted to sink into the floor and disappear forever.

Seeing the expression on his face, Mumbo added, "most of us are okay with it, especially after we explained! Some people may still be just a bit.. err, hostile. But other than that we're all good."

Grian sighed in relief. "At least I won't be attacked when I take a step outside."

Mumbo nodded with a smile. "I'm glad you're back."

Grian tilted his head slightly, looking out the window. He could finally be at peace. "Me too."

Authors note//
Hey gang! Thanks for reading this short series :D

This is brought to you by Lucky, also known as Invi, Luna, or Compass. I am not the biggest Hermitcraft fan, but I still care about it enough to bring you this; Purple Feathers.

I was scrolling throughout Wattpad after reading all the Grian angst I could focus on. I had nothing else to read or reread so I figured.. why not write my own?

Thank you so much for reading this semi-short book, it means a ton to me! I highly appreciate all your support everybody, thanks for making my day so much better :)

Have a great day (or night) everybody! Make sure to eat some food, drink a bit of water.. take care of yourself! Don't force yourself to do anything you aren't comfortable with. Don't let others pressure you into things you don't want to do. You're valid, and you're amazing. Don't ever forget that :)

Lucky here, signing out.