- Chapter 11 -

Mumbo's POV
Mumbo perked up as Sam landed. Ironic that the one who had called the meeting was the last one to arrive. Sam had a dark look in his eyes, which immediately wasn't a good sign.

"I think I know where Grian is," he announced. Mumbo sat up quickly, eyes wide. Iskall and Xisuma exchanged glances. "I'm not 100% sure, but I know she was definitely involved."

"Who?" Iskall and Mumbo asked at the same time.

"False Symmetry," Sam said darkly. Mumbo stared at him, doubtful.

False was one of the highest on their 'suspicious' list. However Mumbo had no idea why. She would never hurt Grian. He had known her since Season 2.

However, all the evidence pointed to her...

"False?" Iskall echoed with a frown. He growled. "Should've known."

"We need to confront her," Mumbo suggested.

"Like a storm-in?" Sam tilted his head. "Police stuff?"

Iskall and Mumbo both shrugged, then shot a glance at each other. They were alarmingly in sync.

Xisuma stood up. "We leave at dark, get ready."

> - - >
Grian's POV
False was gently brushing Grian's wings. It calmed him, to be honest. It also made him drowsy. It felt.. extremely comforting. He had never had someone care for him this much at once.

She had bandaged up his arms and back, wrapping around his chest, and given him a new, blue sweater. She promised to get him another red one, but right now blue was the only option.

"Are you feeling better?" False asked him.

"Mhm," Grian nodded, smiling happily. "Keep going.. it feels nice..."

False giggled. "Okay, sleepyhead."

While she was brushing his wings, Grian heard footsteps. His eyes popped open and he looked around, pinpointing where the sound was coming from.

"False," Grian hissed in a low voice. "Someone's here."

"Watcher powers?" False guessed, and Grian nodded. "Do you know who it is?"

"No, I can't te-" Grian cut himself off as he heard voices.

"Where are they?" Somebody grumbled. Sounded like Iskall.

"She's around here somewhere," someone else said.

Grian froze.

Sam.

"Sam's here," Grian whispered to her frantically, quickly hiding his wings. False widened her eyes.

"Oh shoot," False murmured, standing up. "Grian, we gotta hide you."

Grian got up as well, going to hide in the corner. False came up in front of him, towering over him. She was examining the wall, probably to see if she could mine through it to hide him.

False pulled out her sword. Grian looked up at her, eyes wide.

"I don't have my pickaxe on me," False explained quickly. Grian was beginning to panic. Sam and whoever was with him were getting closer. "I kept this on me to protect yo-"

False was suddenly pulled away from him. There was a loud clatter as the sword hit the ground. Sam was holding False against the wall. Grian felt his heart drop.

"Grian!" Mumbo gasped. He looked up at them, trembling.

"False how could you?!" Iskall snarled. "I didn't think you'd actually do it!"

Mumbo crouched down in front of him, attemting to pull him into a hug. Grian panicked, pushing him away and scooting farther back into the corner.

The mustached hermit paused in his tracks, looking at him in concern.

"I was protecting him!" False argued. Iskall and Sam both scoffed.

"We'll keep her locked up in our weird interrogation building," Xisuma concluded. "Who's going to take care of Grian?"

"I've known him the longest, I should," Sam offered. Grian froze, his heart dropping.

"NO!" False yelled, making him flinch. "Literally anyone but you. I saw what you were doing."

"Yeah, okay, pinning the blame onto someone else," Sam rolled his eyes.

"I'll watch him," Xisuma said, earning a glare from Sam. "I want to be able to keep an eye on him."

Sam sighed in frustration. "Fine. Iskall, let's bring this criminal to where she belongs."

"Heck yeah!" Iskall exclaimed with a grin.

Grian watched them drag False out of the room, having a bit of trouble since she was trying to fight back.

Mumbo put his hand on Grian's shoulder. Grian pushed him away in a panic, trying to scoot away. His chest constricted as he saw the hurt expression on Mumbo's face.

"Step aside Mumbo," Xisuma said. The hermit nodded hesitantly, backing away from Grian.

The admin crouched down in front of him, however he didn't make physical contact with him in any way. He appreciated him for that.

"Grian, I know you're scared," Xisuma said carefully in a soft voice. "But you are safe now. She's gone, all locked up."

Grian couldn't bring himself to say anything. It felt as if his throat had shut closed, making it difficult to breathe and preventing him from speaking.

"You can trust us," Xisuma promised with a slight nod.

If they knew what I was I'd be banned in an instant, Grian thought grimly. Only False accepted me. I want False.

Xisuma reached out slowly with both hands. "We can bring you to my base. I can make a little area for you to stay."

Grian shook his head, fighting back tears. He forced himself to take a deep breath, slowly letting it out. His head hurt- he couldn't think straight. It was overwhelming.

"I have an idea but you're not gonna like it," Mumbo said. Xisuma glanced back at him, and Grian felt his anxiety peak.

Mumbo pulled out a bow and arrow, and Grian nearly passed out from terror. And an inability to breathe.

"Wwwwwhat is that," Xisuma said slowly, staring at Mumbo.

"Tranq arrow!" Mumbo held it up.

"How did you- okay," Xisuma sighed. "I suppose."

"Great," Mumbo pulled out a crossbow.

Grian inhaled sharply as he felt something pierce his shoulder and then after a few hazy moments, everything went black.

Authors note//
I FORGOT TO UPLAOD SORRY