Prologue: About The Characters & Introduction

Who knew a Green Tea Latte could end up being so much more? 

It all started with the rugged boy buying my drink. The concert, the dinner, the sleepover, the love, passion, none of it was expected. I went from being alone, yet content with life to finding that love can make me that much more content with life.

My name is Donovon Sloan, I am 17, blonde haired, blue eyed, and gay. I love fashion, and use it to have a modern, sleek sense of style with my own touches. I'm eccentric with my interests, and I am a bit quirky. Like any other 17 year old gay boy, I'm also a total diva waiting to crush on a guy.

For those of you who don't know him, Shawn Mendes is currently 20, (in this story he is 17), he has brown hair, brown eyes, a scar on his right cheek, a scar on the right side of his abdomen from an appendectomy, and a sexy smile. He is 6'1", which is very tall, very toned, and also the most compassionate appearing man on the planet. Oh, and did I mention, his voice is everything and more! Look him up! 

My mother, Robin Sloan, is a biologist who is currently taking a work sabbatical and chilling a bit before going to Guam to study a deadly virus. I picked up my love for biology from my mother, I plan on using it in a different way however, and taking my biology and turning it medical. Medicine is the love of my life. 

Lina Ming is my best friend. She is Asian, short, and extremely energetic. Everything gets her excited, and she uses that to her advantage to create happiness in the people around her and get them to feel that same sense of excitement. She calls me Dono, along with my other best friend, Trystan Dean.

Trystan is gay like myself, and adores Connor Franta. We spend a lot of our time talking about boys, or his problems caused by those same boys. I thought for a long time I loved him, but of course when you're single and you've freshly come out alongside your best friend, you're eager to jump into the dating pool. Long story short, not interested. He tends to be a bit lethargic and complain a lot, but being paired with Lina and I for best friends, that never sticks around long, the good attitude and high energy of our group seeps into everything. Things are never dull with the three of us in the same room.

My life tends to be a mess. I find myself falling for the wrong guys, and typically ending up in the wrong place at the wrong time. I have what most call, "daddy issues", or whatever. I don't know him. It doesn't bother me, it seems to bother the people around me more than it ever would myself. But sometimes, he can get in the way of things by trying to creep into my life. Those times when I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time that I mentioned? Typically, those moments are dangerous. It's like a big sign has been placed on my head saying "Go ahead and try, I won't die." Another thing I've learned to not let bother me. My mother and Shawn don't always feel quite the same way though. 

I'm currently training to become a licensed CNA and work at a hospital, my stepping stone into my medical pathway. One day that 'CNA' title on my badge will turn into 'Surgeon'. 

Empowering right?

*I DO NOT OWN SHAWN MENDES IN ANY WAY OR THE SONGS AND PICTURES ATTACHED TO THE BOOK, I DO HOWEVER OWN FULL RIGHTS TO Falling: A Shawn Mendes Fanfiction, AND THE PERSONALITY GIVEN TO THE CHARACTERS*