CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

Y/N POV

Nervously, my fingertips trembled, I wiped my palms over the material of my plaid skirt - my fingers fumbling with the bottom of my sweater. We were on our way to meet the designer, it was already 6pm and the show began at 9. I was hoping that some miracle would save me from bracing a crowd of celebrities and critics watching me clumsily take the runway which I'd never even stepped upon before.

"Y/N." Juyeon sat next to me, took one of my hands in his own. Using his other, he stroked the strands of my hair out of my face - tracing the other around my jawline to make me face him. "You're gonna do amazing, just be confident, you have every right to be, quit stressing out."

I looked at him sarcastically, cocking a brow up in disapproval.
"What if he calls me ugly or something? Fashion standards are insane these days." I cackled out, earning a glare from the sleek haired boy beside me.
"I never want to hear that leave your lips again. If anything he'll call you pretty. I mean if it means anything to you, to me, you're the most stunning girl in the entire world. Just trust us, Y/N. Trust me." He smiled lightly, watching me avoid his gaze at all costs - my eyes darting around the cab and out of the passing window beside me.
"I'm just scared." I sighed turning to him before he brought my head into his shoulder.
"Don't be. I'm gonna be with you every step of the way." He spoke softly, comforting me for the rest of the journey, tracing his thumb over our interlocked fingers.

Pulling up into a space outside the venue, the cab dropped us off by the sidewalk. Flashing some form of ID, Juyeon had been granted access with me, Around the inside, various employees were scattered across the carpet in a frantic rush to prepare for fashion week.

Scanning across the venue, I wasn't exactly sure who I was looking for... Juyeon soon found where we needed to be, a small 'ah.' leaving his lips as he dragged me towards a vast area at the back of the room. He approached a plump man dressed in a pin stripe suit, flaring wildly at the bottom. His shirt hung agape, a chunky pearl necklace clung to his open neck.

"Hello sir." Juyeon greeted him as he looked up. "I'm Juyeon, and this is Y/N."
"Ah yes. I've been expecting you to arrive." He smiled jovially, the unwelcoming facade soon wearing down as he heard his name. "Wow, Y/N you'd be perfect, i hate to ask this. I don't want to put you on the spot-"
"Is this about the modeling thing?" I sighed as he gave me a small nod in reply. "I'll do it."
"Really?" He looked up rather shocked not expecting that reply, "we'll get started right away then, Carol bring her to the fitting area."

A slender auburn haired lady, dragged me to an area full of outfit changes - dresses and shirts draped all over the place in a chaotic scramble. I felt slightly exposed when she told me to try on the original dress. It was only her and I in the room, yet I'd known her for a matter of seconds. I did regardless, step into the dress - it was vintage, seemingly his style, it was wrapped in a blazer at the top, pin striped matching his own outfit, a chunky belt with a chain draped around the waist which she soon tightened.
"You know, you should consider modeling." She chuckled as she only slightly adjusted the dress, she was soon finished before she hastily brought me back to the designer.
"Already?" He seemed rather bewildered, his have running through his silver hair in a state of surprise.
"Have you ever considered modeling?" He smiled, his older hands clasping my own as he observed the dress. Juyeon looked at me with a smirk, having his point proved and sneering proudly.
"No." I laughed light heartedly, "I don't think I will be."
"What a shame. I would of loved to take you on." He sighed glumly, a bittersweet smile curving at the bottom of his lips.

I froze at the thought of being asked to walk; luckily for me they'd left me alone for a few minutes whilst I gathered myself in the dressing room mirror.

"Hi!" A rather stunning girl approached me, seemingly around my age. Her angelic black and curled hair, falling silk onto her shoulders. I hadn't spoke to a girl my own age in so long; discarding Haknyeon.
"Hi." I smiled as she leant beside me, observing my outfit. She had a similar one, a pinstripe dress with spaghetti straps that frilled at the bottom in small waves around its rim.
"You look gorgeous! I heard this is your first time modeling so I wanted to help. This is one hell of a modeling job for a first timer, the boss really likes you." She whispered the last part, giggling as she stayed on the down low gleefully.
"I mean thank you! I'm just terrified for the whole walking part to be honest." I chuckled as she looked at me rather shocked.
"Girl, that's the easy part! Here watch." He got up from beside me and rushed in little tots to the back of the room. "Dominant leg in front of the other, shoulders back, arms extended, now you're gonna walk."
She strutted confidently, she was like the ones you see on screen as she strode to the other end of the room.
"Then stay lean to each side, turn on your back heel and do the same thing back." She shifted her weight from each foot the other turning back and doing the same back. "Now you're turn."

At that my eyes widened slightly, in panic she smiled at me reassuringly as we switched places.

I did as she said, dominant leg in front of the other, shoulders slightly back, arms extended, then walked , lean, lean and back.
"Same thing, now less robotic. From the top." She ushered me back to the start, I relaxed slightly, striding similar to how she did and doing the same thing back. This was the worst thing i've ever agreed to.
"Yes! That's it that's the one!" She clapped her hands excitedly, making me do it one more time before she was completely satisfied with the walk.

"Rehearsal.". A lady wearing a chunky headset peered her head through the curtain. Looking over to the other girl, she smiled and took my hand as we walked through the blackened curtains to the main stage.

--

AUTHORS NOTE

gosh y/n have some confidence .. _

no i wouldn't agree i'm still adamant on the "i would never do this" attitude but it's important and i have to stick to the plot in order to stay sane (•́•̀) ♡︎

happy tuesday ? or solemn i suppose, i'm off to my course classes now so i wish you the bets of wishes for whenever you may be reading this ♡︎

sending love across the globe always..

clover <3