"Do what?! What are you planning?" You panicked, but he ignored you

When the two of you reach the stairway leading back downstairs, Sabito lifts you up onto the stairway railing, and hops onto it behind you "GO!"

You hold on tight to your belongings and slide down the rails, letting out a squeal as you turn a corner.

Sabito is right behind you, making sure that you don't fall.

For a second, you savor this moment; the wind in your face, the bumpy ride down the stairs, the excitement and adrenaline pumping through you. It was exactly the kind of trouble you used to get into.

"WHOOOO!! I HATE THIS PLACE BUT I SURE MISSED IT!" He yelled

"ME TOO!" You yelled back, catching yourself when you slide off the ramp and make contact with the first floor.

You are about to run to class, but you see Sabito hesitating

"Come on! They're gonna get down here really soon!" You urge him to follow, but he shakes his head

"Keep going! My class is back upstairs...I'll just go the other way"

Your heart skips a beat; you can hear the footsteps coming down the stairs

"OKAY! Meet me at the tree at lunch!!" You yell before taking off towards room 12, and not looking back

"SURE THING LOSER" Sabito's voice echoed from down the hall

"HEY! Hey, haha what's up" You stopped in front of the classroom, leaning against the doorway and looking at Makomo with a toothy grin, trying to hide the fact that you were gasping for air.

Upon closer inspection, Makomo was looking just as disheveled as you, much to your relief. She was wearing a cotton front pocket hoodie over her uniform, and one of her socks was torn. On top of all this, she had her unbrushed hair tied into a ponytail and a band-aid on her cheek.

"(Y/n)? Were you running just now?" Makomo blinks at you, tilting her head.

"Yeeeah" You sigh, giving up the act "Yeah, Sabito and I were running from Gyutaruu and the hall monitor."

"...what?!" Makomo raises her eyebrows at you "School hasn't even started yet! What could you two have possibly gotten into this time?!"

You scratch the back of your head nervously "I'll explain everything after school. Bell's about to ring anyways."

right on time, the bell rang. Maybe today would be your lucky day after all

"Alllright class! Welcome back everybody, please come and choose your own seats for today. By tomorrow I will have a seating chart..." You begin to space out while Shinazugawa-san is going over the lesson plan, still thinking about everything that happened already in such little time.

You sit right next to Makomo in the back corner of the class next to the window. The perfect spot for you to text Sabito under the table and gossip with Makomo.

When you slide your sweater and backpack off your shoulders, Makomo gasps and slaps her hand right over your breasts.

"HEY! What's the big idea?!" You hissed at her, blushing

"I should be asking YOU that!" Makomo replied defensively "What is going on with your uniform girl? You look like you're having some kind of sexy wardrobe malfunction. You could be on a porno magazine cover with this kind of getup."

Aoi, who is sitting in front of you two, side-eyes you over her shoulder to get a peek.

"See! You're gonna get all kinds of attention. But you wanted that huh" Makomo teased, poking you in the chest

"NO!" you pursed your lips at her "I-it's not my fault! The school never sent me a new uniform! Do I really look like some kind of a sexual deviant?"

Makomo paused, looking you up and down "Do you really want me to answer that?"

"Girls." Mr. Shinazugawa frowns at you from across the room

The two of you freeze

"Is there something you want to say to the rest of the class?"

there was a murmur of laughter among the class and you picked up your sweater.

draping it over your shoulders again, you shook your head bashfully and looked down at your desk "No, Shinazugawa-sama. Sorry."

When it fell silent again, Mr. Shinazugawa cleared his throat

"Right then, now back to what I was saying. We have a new classmate joining us today. He's not from here, so I want you all to welcome him just the same."

A boy with long dark red hair and red eyes steps into the class to stand beside Sanemi. He looks like he has a lot of scars on his face, but you cant detect any anger or malice in his demeanor. You can tell he won't be a bully. Maybe he's been bullied before.

"What's your name boy? Go on, we don't have all day!" Mr. Shinazugawa urges him

The boy turns away from Shinazugawa and looks directly at you

"Tanjirou. Tanjirou Kamado."