Part 16: A Mutual Understanding

Vacation has ended and a new semester is here. After a fun vacation at the beach and some hiking, Keira feels so refreshed. She's more ready to face another adventure that awaits her. Moreover, she's excited to see her friends and share her wonderful vacation. 

After she finished preparing, her phone suddenly rang. Upon seeing the caller ID, a big smile showed on her face. 

"Hello?" she happily greeted. 

"I'm about to leave the house. I'll see you there in a few," she added, as she grabbed her bag and went out of her room. 

She ran down the stairs and went straight to the kitchen where her parents are eating breakfast. 

"Mom, Dad, I have to go. Bye." she bid as she kissed the both of them. 

"Aren't you gonna eat breakfast first?" her mom asked. 

"I'll just grab one on the way," she answered as she ran off. 

After 15 minutes of drive, she arrived at a cafe near the school. She got inside and her eyes started to wander around the cafe. Then an arm raised and waved at her. She smiles and walks toward the table.

"Did you wait long?" she asked as she sat down beside the guy. 

"Not much. Just enough time for me to order our breakfast." Gian replied as he smiled while grabbing her bag from her back and placed it on the chair across him. 

A few minutes later and their food arrived. 

"It's such a great way to start the day," Keira said at the back of her mind. 

 Seeing the person who makes you feel good plus good food? It was awesome!

While eating, they talked about so many things: their hobbies, their likes, their lives before they came across each other. It was as if they were sharing stories they never told anyone before to share a piece of themselves. 

It was the first time, for Keira, to be comfortable with a guy like this. Sharing her life, her routine, her thoughts. She found a comfortable place in the man in front of her and she just wishes this won't come to an end. 

Suddenly, Gian's phone rang which ceased their talk. 

"Oh, right. I'm on my way." He said as he turned the call off. 

"I think we need to go or else, we'll be late for class." Gian chuckled as he grabs his and Keira's bag. 

"Oh no. Let's go!" 

--- 

Keira and Gian arrive together at school, and their friends give them a surprised and wondering look. 

Keira heads beside Gabby and sits beside her. Diane and Mia get close to Keira and annoy her with so many questions. 

"Why were the two of you together?" 

"Did you meet outside?"

"Is there something going on with the two of you?" 

So many questions but Keira did not bother to answer. She wanted to keep it to herself for the time being. She wants to make sure she'll be able to answer their questions the right way, with the correct explanation, right words. 

While her friends were dying of curiosity, she smiled at them. Her eyes wandered off the room to see people's reactions, and as she looks across the room, her eyes landed on Patrick. He was looking at her from the other end of the room and upon realizing her gaze, he gave her a weak smile. She smiles back at him but as soon as Patrick took his eyes away from her, Keira felt as if her heart faintly sank.  

She did not know why she felt that way. It became confusing on her part, but she did not want to pay attention to it. It felt inappropriate for her to get disappointed over another guy's faint gaze upon her when the other won't even take away his. 

Keira looked back at her desk and grabbed her phone. A notification popped up: it was Gian.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yes, I am. Don't worry :)" She replied as she looked at Gian and smiled to reassure him.

Gian nods at her and smiles back.

----

The day has finally ended and Keira and her friends decided to go shopping together. It's been a while since she hanged out with them and she's sure there are things her friends want to know so made this a chance to answer their earlier questions.

They drove to the nearest mall and first went to grab some food.
They arrived at the restaurant and here started the interrogation.

"So... Do you mind explaining to us what is happening between you and Gian?" Mia teasingly asked.

The rest of the girls gave Keira a curious look, all of them putting their ears near Keira so they would hear clearly what she wanted to say.

"What do you think is happening tho?" Keira asked back.

"Hey!! Don't throw us another question!!" Diane said.

"We need an answer, Keira," Gabby added.

The girls chuckled as they try to squeeze out some juice from Keira's mouth.

"C'mon, it's just us!" Mia said, convincing her to spill out the beans.

"Alright. Alright!" Finally, Keira hinted to spill the tea.

"Well... We went to eat breakfast together this morning.. If that's what you want to know." She explained.

"Just the two of you?" Diane asked.

Keira nodded.

"Why would you eat breakfast together?!" Gabby exclaimed.

"And just the two of you???" Diane added.

"Why? Are we not allowed to eat breakfast together??" Keira chuckled.

"You know that's not what we meant." Gabby annoyedly replied.

"Alright.." Keir sighed.
"Gian and I... We met during the vacation.. And we happened to spend a lot of time together.. So I guess we became a little close because of that?" Keira explained.

"We need details with this 'spend a lot of time together' thing." Diane teased.

Keira started telling them how her summer went and how she and Gian became this comfortable with each other.

It was obvious that there was a mutual understanding between her and Gian, as seen in Keira's reactions and facial expressions while she tells them the story.

The rest of the girls were excitedly listening to her cringey but fun story and they can't help but feel all giddy upon hearing the rest of it.

"I can't believe we're listening to your lovey-dovey stories right now, Keira." Diane teased, as everyone laughed.

"You call that 'lovey-dovey'?" Mia told Diane.
"That's not even near lovey-dovey!"

"I bet we'll get to hear more of these stories in the coming days." Teased Gabby as she embraces Keira's arms.

"Stop" Keira laughed.

The teasing kept going through their conversations as they just can't believe their friend's experiencing a budding love.

"I just hope you won't forget about us" teased Mia, as they walked out of the restaurant.

"Of course! You are still more important than boys!" Said Keira.