Oneshot~1: Xiao x Aether

Aether's POV:

When i finished my commissions i was absolutely exhausted.. fighting ruin hunters were really challenging.
It was cold and i felt really heavy.. there were a few blade wounds around my shoulders and my back.
I decided to stay at wangshu inn for the night as it was really warm and cozy there..
When i arrived I found out that all the rooms had been taken and the inn was full.
I tried to ask if there were people who were about to leave but there was just no room.
My head getting heavier, I dragged myself outside the inn and tried to figure out where to go..

I laid down to the ground and the fresh scent of silk flowers calmed my mind a bit..
But i knew that a night in Liyue like this would get cold really fast, and with that thought it happened..
A cold breeze coursed through my body and made me shiver in discomfort not letting me relax even for a bit.
The desperate feeling of intense tiredness was making my eyes throb.
And the cold wind blowing was making me shake uncontrollably..
My vision was starting to fade out and my consciousness was slipping away. My wounds were starting to hurt really bad.

"Call out my name" a quiet voice whispered in my head..

I didn't know who was talking..
This voice was familiar yet so distant that in my heart I didn't believe they'd come if i called them.
My breathing got faster and my head was spinning trying to figure out who this person i needed to call out was..

"I'll be here when you call"  They whispered again.. it was so familiar that it was painful not being able to see..

All of a sudden a sweet yet cold hearted person showed up in my head.. it was the person i needed to call..
the person i needed the most..

I knew who to call!

"Xiao!" I yelled with a raspy voice and my mind went dark as i passed out from exhaustion..

When i woke up i was laying in a warm bed.. I recognized the bed, it was inside a room in wangshu inn.
I looked to the side and my eyes widened in surprise..

Next to me was Xiao sitting on a chair with his arms crossed sleeping quietly..
"Xiao?" I asked quietly..
He opened his eyes and gave me a soft look.
"You seem a bit better.. does your back still hurt?" He asked.
I noticed the bandages around my back and shook my head saying that they weren't hurting anymore.
"Did you bring me to your own room?" I asked as I noticed the room was covered in his bold yet sweet scent.
Xiao's cheeks got slightly red but he frowned his eyebrows and tried to act indifferent.
"You called me and i saw you passed out.. so i took you in." He explained with a nervous tone.
I chuckled and patted the empty space on the bed next to me and signaled him to come.
He looked away with frowned eyebrows and shook his head.
"Mere humans like you cannot handle the dark energy my body processes.." he whispered with an insecure tone.
"I'm not just a mere human I'll be alright." I smiled warmly.

He hesitantly made his way next to me and laid down his head to one of the pillows.
He was breathing nervously and his body was so tense trying not to touch mine.
I gently placed my hand on top of his hand.
He flinched with the contact and tried to pull away his hand... his eyes looked scared.
"It's alright" i whispered softly and his body released a little and his expression calmed down.
We laid there quietly for a few minutes..

Xiao started talking with a troubled look on his face..
"I do not understand this feeling.." he whispered, his voice was hesitant.
"What is it?" I asked quietly.
"..."
"In this quiet moments.. hearing your breaths and feeling your warm hand over mine.."
"It makes me feel strange in my stomach.." He said grumpily.

My cheeks got flushed with pink and i got the same sensation in my stomach..
I turned to the side and faced Xiao.
He looked back at me and our noses were almost touching.
"Don't you like this feeling?" I whispered coming even closer.
"It feels.. funny.." he whispered. I could feel the heat of his face against mine.
"What else do you feel?" I asked warmly.
He closed his eyes trying to observe the reactions his body was having..
"My.. h-heartbeat won't slow down.." he whispered with a shaky voice.
I chuckled and snuggled my head in his arms.
"Are you in love?" I whispered quietly..

His body relaxed and he put his arms around my back.
He hugged me tight and held my head from the back..
"Is this what love feels like?" He whispered softly..
I looked up to him and he was staring at my lips.
I cupped his cheeks with my hands and got really close.. I could feel his warm breath against my lips.
He leaned in and we melted into each other's arms with the sweetest kiss.
Xiao reached over to the lamp and turned it off..
He undid my braid and ran his fingers through my hair.
"I've never felt this feeling of comfort before" He whispered warmly..
I kissed him again and hugged him tight..
" I love you.. Aether..". Xiao said softly..
"I love you too" I whispered back.
And with that..

My hard day ended with sleeping in the arms of my lover..