Eleven

You felt as if you had experienced the whole city in the day and a half you had been following Taehyung.

Your feet ached from walking all those blocks while you were ready to collapse with exhaustion. It took all of your willpower to continue standing beside Taehyung, standing at the front of a door of a motel. You were both standing on a balcony above the parking lot, a few people passing by on the sidewalk on the other side of the lot. Though, no one stirred in your vicinity.

"Is this a friend?" you whispered to Taehyung. You weren't sure why you whispered, but you peered down at your wrists: the gold was fading to leave healing scar tissue. Shock still reigned at the sight. 

Taehyung bit his lip as he took a step back after knocking on the door. He kept the same low voice as you. "No--even calling them an acquaintance would be pushing it. We just... know each other from past endeavors."

By the look on Taehyung's face, you knew he was hiding something. It seemed he had been holding back a lot of information from you, but this story intrigued you the most to hear out. 

The door cracked open, revealing a quarter of a face to peer out with a chain that acted as a lock. At first, you would have been a little creeped out, but catching the bright yellow of their irises that looked fairly close to a goldish tint froze you in your place. 

The person's eye locked onto Taehyung, who was beginning to regain the color in his face. Though, a cloud of mist covered the two while dried blood stained Taehyung's neck and shirt. You were beginning to guess that the mist covered some truth to how horrible the two of you most likely looked. 

"Taehyung?" the person questioned. "What in Hestia are you doing here out of all places?"

"I need help," Taehyung answered. He turned and peered around, as if to see if the coast was clear. "You're the only person who would be willing to aid me in my case."

The person's eyes narrowed in Taehyung's direction. "I have no intent to help you in whatever shenanigans you have managed to throw yourself into this time. I believe we agreed that--"

"I'm not in the mood to have a heated debate at the moment," Taehyung laughed dryly, his voice dropping an octave. You took a small step away from him, feeling his anger begin to bubble. "Why don't you put this through your thick skull and understand that I have a situation on my hands, alright?"

The person paused. You watched them close the door, only to hear a click and for them to swing the door open that time. You were surprised to find someone that looked just as closely to a human as Taehyung did. It was the shocking yellow eyes that took you off guard, but they stood at the same height as Taehyung, had a small slouch, and dark raven hair. Their thin top lip and full bottom lip was pressed into a fine line as they looked from you to Taehyung. 

You watched Taehyung push past them without any hesitation, the person muttering, "Just don't touch anything."

You slipped in with a weak smile pointed in their direction, but you were caught off guard with the room. 

It was a homey space, not anything you would get from a cheap motel. There was a small kitchenette in one corner while a queen sized bed sat in the other. There was a small dining and sitting area near the door, a small hall hiding around a corner behind the bed. Plants hugged the walls, some hanging from the ceiling, but the place smelled of dirt and flowers. Something inside you relaxed. 

"Interesting," the man who let you in thought to himself aloud behind you. You peered around, finding him to be looking you up and down with furrowed eyebrows. You grew uncomfortable. "Have you finished your training from Master Hestia just lately? I don't believe I've heard her speak of you--"