Six

"Tell Bear," Taehyung spat out in an angered tone, a growl hidden behind it. His now normal looking eyes bored straight into the man in front of him. "I don't have time for this bullshit."

You stood there awkwardly, slightly swaying from time to time with your fatigue kicking in. You didn't remember how you got to the small outdoor bar in front of you where Taehyung was arguing with a man, the three of you beside a door. You heard the murmurs of speech flutter around you, people chatting and flirting. Yet, you didn't have the brain capacity to take it all in. 

The alcohol and smoke that filled your lungs was draining you quicker than you were comfortable with. Whatever had happened on the bus beforehand had left you practically lifeless. The pungent aromas and the charismatic voices around was overstimulating you to the point where you were ready to pass out. For a second, your vision blackened, but you came back to, still standing with Taehyung's hand grasping your elbow firmly to keep you up. Obviously you appeared to be incapacitated. 

"I'm sorry, but tonight is reservations," the strange man stated, crossing his arms over his chest. He stood with a straight back, chin jutted out. His height matched Taehyung's, more muscles covering his body. He bounced his eyes over to you for a moment, lifting an eyebrow. "I think you should consider a motel if this is what you're getting at."

"No, I--" Taehyung's hand slightly tightened around your elbow, his other hand pinching the bridge of his nose for a moment. "I just need one small room for an hour or two. Then I'll be out of your hair."

"We're booked, Kim. Get the hell outta here. Bear's not gonna give a damn," the man hissed at Taehyung. Annoyance was crossing his face. "If you don't get off this property, I'm gonna have to call the cops on you again."

"Just listen to me for a second, Heo," Taehyung tried again, not giving up. "If we can--"

"What's going on out here?" 

All eyes--including your lazy ones--snapped over to the cracked door to see who had spoken. Standing there in the door was an extremely tall, muscular man in the shadows, his face difficult to make out in the night. You squinted your eyes a bit to try and see who was there, but it was no use. To give a name to this man, Taehyung whispered exasperatedly, "Bear, thank goodness."

"Taehyung?" the man questioned, curiosity pitching his tone. You watched his face near the light. You caught glimpses of details that couldn't be right, like something curling around his face like a snake or the gleam of an electric blue eye. "Rare to see you here twice a week."

"I have an emergency," Taehyung explained rapidly. His hand lessened its grip against you like he was relieved. "I need a room for a couple hours. It doesn't have to be fancy or anything. I just need you to help out a friend--please."

Everyone stopped at the plead in Taehyung's voice. You swayed again, stumbling a little. You crashed into Taehyung's side accidentally, but that didn't seem to bother him. Instead, he wrapped an arm around you, keeping you stiff against him so you wouldn't fall so much. You didn't struggle away from this, only glad to have someone to help you for once. 

A brief pause of silence, only for Bear to whisper, "I see." He disappeared into the shadows of the door, the crack widening a second after; it was an invitation into the building. 

The man--Heo--let you and Taehyung pass. With Taehyung's arm wrapped around your shoulder with your arm wrapped around his waist, you heard him whispering something. You weren't sure what it was through your haze, but it was like he was speaking to you, but also to himself. You ignored it blindly, watching yourself walk into the darkness of the unknown building. 

You didn't see Bear when you walked in, but rather a hall with some doors. There were small papers on the handles that mentioned something along the lines that they were occupied. Taehyung paid no mind to these signs or the faint, fluorescent blue lights above, but rather scooted you down the hall.