Sarah sighed as she sharpened her blade, staring at it intensely, she was going on a mission to retrieve the mirror her blade and mind needed to be sharp for that mission. she looked up when she heard Magnus knocking on the doorframe, she frowned, "Please don't say you've been waiting for me all this time. Did you not get my message about the mission?"

"I did. Just wanted to see you." Sarah settled her blade down, looking at the warlock with a worried gaze, "Is everything okay?"

Magnus' eyes narrowed like he wanted to say a lot of things but wasn't sure how to start, he shrugged, "I thought so, but now I'm not so sure."

Now Sarah looked at Magnus like really looked at him noticing his stiff posture and tense gaze, she wasn't used to the warlock looking at her like that, which made her even worrier, "What's going on?"

"You tell me, Sarah. From the day I met you, the one thing I knew I can count on from you was honesty. Absolute, total honesty." Sarah didn't answer, she honestly had no idea where this conversation was going. On her creased forehead, Magnus didn't hold back. "You knew about the Sword?"

Her eyebrows shot up and it was all the warlock needed to confirm his suspicion that the brunette didn't trust him, kept secrets from him while he had been nothing but open with her, "Magnus...." She started but she couldn't continue what would she say.

"When? When did you know? Tonight, when I talked about trust, did you know then?"

His accusations rendered her silent, he had every right to be mad about that, she had absolutely nothing to say, "Magnus, Look, I just...I had a lot on my mind with everything that has been going on..."

He frowned cutting her off like the brunette was just making it worse, "So you didn't care? Valentine had the soul sword and you didn't think to tell me."

"Of course, I wanted to tell you." She blurted out but Magnus sneered, "Don't." She swallowed heavily taking a few steps back, "Don't lie to me. You had no intention of telling me anything. Is it because Alec ordered it? So you're blindly following orders again?"

"If the Downworld found out, there'd be widespread panic. It could've led to a rebellion. Another problem we don't need on our plate not right now." The brunette stated trying to make Magnus that she never really intended to keep it a secret

"And you didn't trust me to stay quiet?"

Sarah shook her head vigorously, she can already feel an invisible wall building between them, "You know damn well that I do trust you, more than anyone in my life but I didn't wanna ask you to have to keep a secret from your own people. That wouldn't be fair to you."

"Oh. You're just like Valentine, spitting lies left and right for your gain. Trying to weasel your way out of your lies just to spin another."

"What?" She couldn't how harsh Magnus she understood his anger but she didn't deserve it or perhaps she was waiting for this moment, the moment he'd realize that she doesn't deserve him that Sarah was the last one he should be with.

He shook his head, breathing out, "After I bared my heart and soul. I told you things I have never told anyone and you looked me straight in the eye and lied." She stayed knowing quite well that this was it, nothing she would say would make Magnus understand, he scoffed, "Blood or not you and Valentine are definitely alike." He walked out of her room with the brunette passing her hand through her hair watching the warlock walk down the hallway without sparing her another glance.

A portal opened in Central Park. Jace, Sarah, Clary, and Dot walked out of it, the warlock's eyes darting between the lines on her wrist and around the park searching for the mirror, she walked forward with the Shadowhunters following after her.