77. BREAKING NEW GROUND

Start from the beginning

I slide it open and quickly text him back, saying yes to meeting up with him after my soundcheck.

I think this is a good opportunity to have some fun while being away from my girl.

Don't worry, I'm not gonna do dumb shit that I will regret later. *wink*

We arrive at the arena and Trevor leads me to the stage with Finneas.
The Crew sets everything up and we start the soundcheck.

The first two songs go pretty well until I get a message from the guy I was texting earlier. I wave my hand around - signaling Finneas to stop - and check my phone.

He told me where we are meeting up and I reply, putting my phone back and we continue.

"Bite my tongue bide my time,
Wearing a warning sign
Wait 'til the world i- -ine"

"Again!" Someone yells and we start all over again.

• • •

"You say
Come over Baby
I think youre pretty
I'm o-
I'm not yo- -by
If you think I'm-"

"Okay, Stop!"

Fuck this shit, I can't focus at all.

"Billie, what's wrong. You need to concentrate!" Finneas yells while my head falls down.

"But I can't!"

"Then take a break."

You know what, I will.
I remove my hands from the microphone and make my way off stage.
As I hear Finneas run up behind me, I speed up and quickly walk into the greenroom.

"Wait." He says before the door closes.

"Leave me alone for a sec." I say, falling backwards into the big couch, covering my eyes.

"Tell me what's on your mind."

"Ugh, Finneas! Just go!" I snap at him.

"Billie. Look at me." He says, placing his hand over mine.
"It's fine. What is it?"

I give in and sit up, sorting my thoughts once again.

"There's this guy that I- J and I met a while back and we just set up to meet later. I guess that just has me acting kinda weird, I don't know." I speak, looking at his hand on my thigh.

"Where did you meet?"

"He is some kind of Postmates Delivery guy and so when we hung out at J's house he was the one bringing our stuff-"

"Wait!" He says, cutting me off mid sentence.
"You randomly gave a Delivery man your number?"

"Yes."

"Why?!" Finneas asks, his eyes widening.

"Billie, you can't do that. You're a celebrity."

"But he looked so good and he was actually really chill. You need to stop worrying about me, Finneas. First, you weren't there. Second, I can evaluate people pretty well."

"Not always, Bil. But hey, If you are sure about this then I am not the one who's stopping you. Just... don't do stupid shit that you might regret later." He says, patting my back and standing up to leave the room.
"Call me when anything happens." He says, before closing the door.

Okay. Let's get the soundcheck done with and then I'ma head to his house.
Yes you heard that right, his house.

Also, I decided not to tell my Mom or even Sullivan. They don't gotta to know because they will just hold  me back or assume things. I don't need that.

We finally finished and everyone starts getting off the stage, leaving me behind.
I use this opportunity to "sneak" out through the back door and walk over to the next street where my Uber is already waiting.

I quickly text Finneas, saying I'm going to be back in a few hours and that he shouldn't waste his time worrying about me. Also, I told him to tell Mom I'm out getting some things.

I know, I know. Not the best excuse but it doesn't matter, They need to learn that I am old enough to think and act for myself.

This is so cringey but Idc. I also know my last few chapters make little to no sense but I need to work my way through this crap.