Chap-2*The Cursed Dating Apps*

"No! I mean, look at her," Stacy continued, talking to her friends about Delilah, "Do you agree right?" she added very impressively.

Delilah had no idea if she was complimenting her or making fun of her, because the interactions they had in the past weren't very pleasant.

"You look like you have lost some pounds, you look great." Stacy complimented Delilah with a huge smile on her lips.

The sudden praise from Stacy made Delilah smile back in surprise and glee. Stacy had never done that, so it was indeed a huge deal for her.

"Really?" Delilah swiftly scanned her body and reddened at the girls who nodded their heads in agreement with Stacy.

"Yes! What diet are you following, how did you lose weight so quickly?" Stacy's eyebrows were arched in confusion and astonishment.

"I don't know, I mean, I just started working out and I eat less, I eat healthy I mean." Delilah, the innocent mind of hers failed to pick the game these girls were playing with her, continued to speak a lie very confidently.

"What kind of healthy meal?" Stacy interrupted Delilah, taking a lot of interest for the first time in what she has to say.

"See, you have to eat proteins, some--" Delilah paused in the midway, wait! I don't know anything about diet, Delilah thought to herself.

"And?" Stacy knew she had got Delilah good. They were laughing inside at how stupid Delilah was.

"You know she should wear knee-length sleeveless dresses now; she will look so good with her new body." one of Stacy's friends intervened cheerfully to participate in playing with Delilah's emotions.

Their words were encouraging Delilah, but she didn't know they only meant to poke fun of her.

"Ac--" before Delilah could continue, Monica had come to her rescue, who, when saw the girls gathered around Delilah, knew they were up to something not so good.

"You can shove your ideas in your a** and leave her alone." She shouted before even approaching them. Stacy and the girls wouldn't dare mess with someone like Monica.

"Monica!" a shocking utter left Delilah's lip, watching her friend growling at the girls who were merely applauding the big change in her didn't seem like a reason for her friend to lash out at them.
"Wow, somebody is jealous of her friend." Stacy rolled her eyes, Monica stopped near Delilah and glared at the girls until they decided to walk away.

"Bye Delilah and keep doing you, you look great." Stacy voiced once she was far away from the glaring eyes of Monica.

Once the girls were out of sight, Delilah turned around to have a word with her besite.

"Why did you do that?" Delilah made eye contact with her friend, who shook her head in response.

"They were poking fun of you." Monica did the same, folding her arms on her chest and pouting.

"No! they were not today, they said I look good now that I've lost so much weight." Delilah, being naive she was, uttered very innocently. They were still in the parking lot with many students passing by them and then after checking out Delilah, whispering in the ears.

"Did you though? You have put on some extra weight Delilah!" Monica stated without realizing Delilah's state of mind. She had grown sensitive after being bullied day in day out for being overweight. Her friend's statement left a bit of an injury to her heart.

"Wow! Thank you." Delilah, once heard what her friend thought of her, sighed disappointedly.

"Listen, I di---" Monica didn't mean it like that, she just wanted her friend to be aware of these mean girls' intentions.