twenty-five >>> inside the head

Start from the beginning

"She's fine. It was just a bad fall," I hear Abby's voice say as my eyes start fluttering open. I feel someone grab my hand and squeeze it.

"This wasn't just a fall Abby," I hear Lexa's voice beside me. I keep my eyes closed remaining "asleep".

"They don't need to know that-" Abby pauses and I hear footsteps walking towards me. "You should get out there with Clarke. Trikru would want to here from their commander." Silence takes over the room a moment before the hand that held mine gave me one last squeeze before letting go and footsteps are heard walking away. I wait a couple seconds then let my eyes open. Immediately I feel a hand on my shoulder causing me to flick my eyes finding Abby staring down at me.

"How you feeling?" She asks looking back and forth between my eyes. A low sigh escapes my lips shaking my head going to sit up but the Griffin immediately stops me pushing me back down gently. "That's not the best idea."

"I only fell Abby-"

"No you didn't," Abby spoke cutting me off. I look to her raising my brow. "You know it wasn't just a fall."

"Abby, I'm fine," I say tearing my eyes from a Abby and looking around. "Wait... Are we in Polis?"

"Yes." It's all Abby said causing me to quickly look to her.

"What the hell- I was suppose to stay with Murphy, Raven and Emori-"

"Yes you were but when you fell and passed out, we made the decision to take you back here that way we can properly get you treatment," Abby explains cutting me off. Another sigh escapes my lips as I shake my head looking away from her.

"Where is Lexa?" I ask, keeping my eyes looking to the outside.

"Speaking to Trikru about what's to come and about the bunker and how we're all sharing it." I nod and keep my eyes still locked outside. "I'm going to let you rest. I'm sure Lexa will come talk to you after she's spoke with her people-"

"My people," I whisper already knowing the look Abby was giving me. But I don't bother looking to her, soon hearing her walking to the door. I hear the door open then close. A low sigh escapes my lips as I sit up a bit feeling my head rush. Quickly I close my eyes hearing a tiny voice ring through it. You have to talk about it. I sink my teeth into my bottom lip shaking my head, whispering "I know,  I know."

<<<<>>>>

Several knocks escape from the door causing me to glance to the door. I say nothing as the door opens and I'm met with a young boy. A small smile spreads to my lips as I push myself up.

"No Y/N- You don't have to do that," Aden says rushing it after closing the door. I shake my head after sitting up and leaning up against the headboard. I grab a pillow placing it in front of me and holding onto it tightly.

"It's all good-" I pause as the boy stops at the foot of the bed looking at me. I tilt my head to the side, a small smile planted on my lips. "Come, sit." I pat the spot next to me. Aden nods and slowly walks around the bed and sits on the bed crossing his legs.

"I saw them bring you back. You didn't look too good," Aden tells me and I nod a bit. "I sort of eavesdropped on Heda and Indra talking about what had happened. Then figured out you were in here."

"Well what a little spy," I joke and Aden shrugs smiling a bit. "How's everything here in Polis?"

"Well, um..." his voice trails off and I tilt my head my smile fading a bit. His eyes tear from mine and down to his lap. I wait a moment staring at him, patiently wondering what was rolling through his head. But as time passed I knew something was wrong. I bite my lip and reach forward grabbing a hold of his hand squeezing it a bit. Slowly his head rises and our eyes locked.

"Aden... What's going on?" I ask, my voice low and gentle.

"Azgeda... They um came and killed the other night-bloods in their sleep..." My eyes grow wide at the boy's words shaking my head from side to side.

"Oh my- Wait where were you?" I ask, keeping my eyes on the boy.

"I was helping around in Arkadia..." I nod my head and squeeze the boy's hand. "I would have died too if Indra hadn't of asked me to go."

"I'm really glad she did otherwise who would be my partner in crime?" I tried joking slightly getting a smile on the boy's lips before it quickly fades. "Does the commander know?" Aden nods his head up and down and I nod back.

"She's already punished who's done the deed," Aden informs me. "She's talking with our people now." I nod already knowing this and I want to speak further with the boy but hear the door open. My eyes tear from Aden and past to find Lexa standing there with soft, genuine yet sad eyes looking between me and the young night blood. 

_________
_____
_________
A/N: Sorry it's short! I thought it was going to be longer! Next chapter should be longer if not, I give you all permission to riot (respectively) !!

-Author (C.R)