Chapter 38

Chapter 38: Unexpected Encounter

The Ocean Park that Huo Xiaoxiao and her party came to was the largest Ocean Park in S City, covering more than 30 hectares with more than 40 amusement facilities. On weekends, the entire park would be swarming with people.

The park also offered some special recreational restaurants, which made it very distinctive. Although it was expensive, as parents, they would choose the best for their child. When it was lunchtime, the places were crowded with people. Sometimes there would be a long queue, where demand would far outstrip the supply.

There was a long line of parents with their children sitting outside on one particular uniquely themed restaurant.

"I told you; just go to a fast-food restaurant and get something to eat. But you come here, and the line is still so long."

"Isn't fast food much less nutritious? Qianqian is growing up; how can she eat those things? Wait a bit; it won't take long."

"Daddy, Qianqian is hungry."

"Qianqian, behave. Wait for a little longer; it's almost our turn. Mommy has milk here. Drink some of it first to ease your stomach."

A woman took out a bottle of milk from the child's stroller and gave it to the girl's hand.

"Oh, is this your daughter? She's so cute." A big sister, who was also waiting in line outside the store, couldn't help but praise her daughter when she saw such a cute and lovely little girl.

"...Yes, she's my daughter. Her name is Qianqian. Qianqian, this lady is complimenting you. What should you say?"

The little girl named Qianqian snuggled in a man's arms, holding the bottle and looking at the person without speaking.

"I am sorry. She... is a little shy."

"It's okay. It's normal for such a young child to be shy. My son is also similar. He doesn't even dare to say a word in public. How old is she?"

"More than two years old."

"She's pretty young. This restaurant is one of the most popular in the park. I have to stand in the line if I come a little late. If you don't prepare some milk or snacks for the child, the child won't be able to stand it. But don't worry, you won't have to wait too long. I was here just last week."

In the middle of the conversation, two staff members from the restaurant came to the front of the store. When the lady saw them, she smiled and said, "Look, I guess it's time to call the number. What number are you?"

"I'm number 103."

"Then I'm a little later than you. I'm 115."

However, after waiting for a while, there was no sign of the staff member calling the number. A visitor, who couldn't bear to wait, stepped forward.

"Excuse me, is there an empty table?"

The staff smiled and said, "I'm sorry, but there are no seats available yet. You need to wait a little longer."

"I've been waiting for so long. My son is already hungry. Why do I have to wait a little longer?"

"I'm really sorry. Please understand its peak dining time."

With this, cries of complaint arose at once.

The staff member, however, didn't lose his smile.

It wasn't until several people walked into the restaurant entrance that the waiter approached them with a pleasant smile. " Excuse me, are you Mr. Huo?"