CHAPTER 15

A week later, Yuki was awoken by her phone ringing. In her sleepy state, she picked up the phone, "Whad'ya want?" she slurred. She heard a chuckle from the other side.

"Ms. Sun?" Yuki squinted her eyes, trying to figure out who the voice belonged to before it finally hit her.

"Jungkook!" She exclaimed as enthusiastically as she could. The line went silent for a little while, making her almost fell asleep again until she heard a breath from the other side.

"You are really cruel, Ms. Sun..." Jungkook said with a small chuckle. "I called to ask if you wanted to grab breakfast with me today?" Yuki flopped back onto her bed and tried to weigh the pros and cons with her sleep-fogged brain but eventually decided to just say yes once she realized the only thing her brain was capable of thinking of was sleep.

"Yuh. I'll be there." She replied. Jungkook chuckled again.

"Okay, I'll come to pick you up in two hours. Sleep well for now, Ms. Sun."

"Goodnight Jungkook..." Yuki said and immediately fell asleep again. Jungkook stayed on the call for a little bit just to hear Yuki's breath. He eventually hung up and decided it was time to get ready.

Two hours later, Yuki was rushing around her house, trying to make sure she looked presentable and had everything necessary with her. Jungkook called her to tell her he was down. After one last sweep through her mental checklist of things required, Yuki left her house. She walked out of her complex and saw Jungkook leaning against the car with his phone in his hand.

"Mr. Jeon!" She said in greeting. He bowed mockingly and placed his hand, palm up at his abdomen as he opened the car door for her.

"Ms. Sun." She stepped into the car with her head held high. "You're really enjoying being treated like royalty huh?" Jungkook said as he closed the door partially. Yuki dramatically flipped some of her hair from her shoulder and turned to look at him.

"Of course! I am royalty and should be treated like one." Jungkook chuckled and closed the door. He walked over to his side, got in, and sat beside her.

"Did you sleep well, Ms. Sun?" Jungkook tried to make casual conversation.

"Yes, surprisingly, I did. What about you?" Yuki replied.

"I slept quite well too. Although I feel obligated to say that I already know that you slept well." Jungkook had a smug grin on his face. Yuki raised a brow at him.

"What do you mean?"

"I called you and you sounded so out of it, it was hilarious." Jungkook chuckled as he recounted the conversation. The tips of Yuki's ears burned.

"Being hilarious is something I can at least boast about." Jungkook looked at her and dramatically gasped.

"Are you saying I'm not funny?"

"Of course! Look, you're so unfunny, I'm feeling sleepy again." Yuki yawned.

"I am so incredibly sorry for that, Ms. Sun. May I offer you my shoulder as a pillow once again?" A knowing look in his eye. Yuki's ears burned some more. She turned her head away from Jungkook.

"No thank you." She huffed. She leaned her head against the car window and watched the various buildings and cars pass by in a blur. Eventually, she felt it lull her to sleep.

****

Yuki woke up once she felt the car slow down. However, instead of feeling the hard car door under her head, she felt something different. Whatever it was, was really warm and smelled nice. The scent had her sitting upright. She looked at what she was laying her head on and sure enough, it was Jungkook.

Literally, how did this always happen?

She kept falling asleep on him, it was beginning to become a problem. In her defense, he had a comfortable body to sleep on. She looked at Jungkook and was grateful to see him asleep. The car had come to a halt but she decided to stop and take in sleeping-Jungkook.

He looked so calm and soft. He looked 10 years younger and he somehow radiated even more warmth. Yuki was sure that if they ever managed to get stuck in some cold place, they wouldn't have to set up a fire if they had Jungkook. That was just the amount of heat he radiated. Yuki didn't know what possessed her, but her hand reached up and lightly brushed away the few strands of hair that fell into his forehead. Just as she was retreating her hand, Jungkook's hand grabbed it and his eyes flew open. Yuki's eyes widened just as much. Jungkook looked at her in confusion and then with relief.

"Oh! It's only you." He sighed. Yuki looked at him, mildly offended.

"What do you mean only 'it's only you'?" Jungkook looked at her in amusement.

"Ms. Sun, have you forgotten I am your bodyguard? I have to have quick reflexes and I'm supposed to be vigilant when with you. I can't always be your chauffeur." Yuki groaned.

"Yeah whatever," she said, changing topics, "let's go eat. I'm starving."

Jungkook chuckled at the way she changed topics to avoid looking dumb. They got out of the car and walked into the restaurant. They ate their breakfast sandwiches in silence, letting their brains get accustomed to being awake before they finally conversed again. After they were done and were seated in the car again, Jungkook briefed Yuki on her schedule.

"We'll be having a meeting with Mr. Yong and the PR team regarding all the events you'll have to attend to promote your new drama. Apparently, we'll also be meeting with another actress under your company's label who's also having her latest drama released. I guess Mr. Yong just wanted to make the best use of time." Jungkook joked.

Yuki rolled her eyes at him once again. She was excited to meet this new actress. She was also excited to find out what all shows she'll be on. She loved playing silly little games and talking about her roles and experiences.