CHAPTER 8

He walked in.

"Table for Jungkook?" He asked the lady at the reception. The lady nodded and guided them to their own little booth.

Once she was seated, Jungkook took his hands off her eyes and Yuki looked around. "Where are we, Mr. Jeon?"

"Oh? We're back to the formalities? How boring..." Jungkook teased. Yuki rolled her eyes.

"Stop evading the question." Before he could answer, Yuki felt something brushed up against her leg. Her instincts kicked in and she screamed as she jumped back.

Jungkook burst into loud laughter at her reaction. She looked around for what it was. She looked under the table and saw a small kitten. The kitten stared back at her with its large eyes. She immediately softened and reached for it. She held it in her hands and brought it closer to her face. "Aww... I'm so sorry baby, I didn't mean to yell like that." She apologized as she nuzzled her head against the kitten.

Jungkook, on the other hand, couldn't stop laughing. Yuki scowled at him. "Shut up! You would've been as scared as I was if I took you to a shady place and didn't tell you the name. Leave me alone!" She huffed and turned away from Jungkook. Jungkook tried to contain his laughter and be serious.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Sun. I just wanted to surprise you. I felt like you could do with a little stress reliever. I didn't mean to scare you." Jungkook could barely hold in his giggles. Yuki couldn't help it either and laughed with him. Just then, a couple more cats entered their booth. Yuki squealed in happiness. This was a great way to relax.

Jungkook ordered them some dumplings, stir-fry noodles, and boba tea. Yuki,  however didn't pay him much attention. The cats took a great liking to her and she was in pure bliss. Jungkook had only one cat that chose to stay close to him. The cat curled up in his arms and Jungkook cooed at it and it did something to Yuki's heart.

Yuki hoped that what she was experiencing were symptoms of a heart attack and not feelings for him.

"Awww, you only have one cat..." Yuki mocked wanting to avoid her emotions. "Look at me!" she bragged and huffed with pride, "I might as well be the queen of the cats." Jungkook looked up at her and then looked back down at his cat.

"I think Ms. Sun is being delusional." He whispered loudly to the cat. The cat meowed back and Jungkook looked at Yuki triumphantly. "Aha! The cat agreed with me!" Yuki scoffed.

"Please..." she said with her palm raised in front of her, "that's the opinion of one cat. I have almost 10 times more the number of cats and none of them agreed with you." Yuki said with her chest puffed out. Jungkook scrunched his face up and silently mocked her. Yuki rolled her eyes at him and went back to giving her attention to her cats.

"You know..." Jungkook broke the silence and looked Yuki in the eye, "I don't need many cats. I have my eye on one cat, and as long as that cat is near me, I don't care for any other." He said as he stroked his cat's chin causing the cat to purr.

Yuki's eyes widened in surprise. She didn't know what to say. The tension in the room ratcheted up a notch.

Luckily, the food arrived before she managed to come up with a response. Jungkook immediately dug into the food and motioned for her to do the same, returning the playful atmosphere back.