((05))

Jealousy is a sickness, and anyone can catch it.

I wasn't immune to it, but I wasn't going to admit it out loud that I felt uncomfortable knowing BamBam and Kasey were getting along. It made sense that I felt that way -- I did like BamBam and Kasey was aware of that fact, even when I denied it -- but I knew I shouldn't be feeling jealous.

What right did I have to be jealous? It was partly my fault that BamBam and I drifted apart. I had no control over him so it's not like I could stop him from becoming friends with Kasey. There was no reason for him not to become friends with her anyway.

Mark, Jackson and I were on the couch, having a conversation in English, while everyone else were immersed in their own activities. We were talking about some random things. I think we went from talking about food to music. How we managed to do that was a mystery. I mean, I thought only girls could change topics in a conversation so easily but boys were pretty good at that, too, I guess.

"Hey, do you guys know how to put on make-up?" I asked. Okay, so maybe it was just me changing the topic every now and then.

Mark and Jackson looked at me as if I had grown another head.

"Why would you ask us that?" Jackson said.

I shrugged. "I've been wondering that for a while."

They were saved from having to answer me when loud laughter broke through the room. My attention shifted from the guys to the two who had just walked into the living room.

Kasey was laughing at something BamBam had said, and I couldn't help but to be curious of what they were talking about.

"Hey, Skylar, you okay?"

Mark's voice startled me and I jumped back when I saw his face just inches away from mine. He sat up and I returned to my old position.

"Why wouldn't I be okay?" I asked.

Jackson raised an eyebrow. "Because a certain someone isn't talking to you but is talking to another someone," he said. I threw one of the couch pillows at him and it missed his head by a few centimeters.

"Ooh, good throw," he commented and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Hey, guys, BamBam just told me this joke," Kasey cut in and I fought the urge to roll my eyes. "Wanna hear it?"

I wasn't even listening, just watching BamBam. He didn't even look my way.

Mark leaned in closer to me, putting his arm over my shoulder. He and Jackson were laughing, half-heartedly, probably because the joke wasn't that funny. (Kasey thought even the simple things were funny.)

I was startled by the sudden skinship but since it was just Mark I didn't pull away.

"Yugyeom!" BamBam suddenly called out and walked out of the room.

I caught the knowing smirk on Jackson's face. "What's his problem?"

Mark and Kasey just shrugged. I didn't say anything as Kasey also left the room.

"You're gonna have to talk to him again soon or there will be a lot of that," Jackson muttered.

I sent him a glare and was about to tell him to shut up when Mark spoke up.

"Jackson's right, you know," he said. "Save yourself from the awkwardness."

I scoffed. "I thought you're on my side."

"Woah, I wasn't aware that there were sides," Jackson cut in.

Mark sighed, pulling his arm back. "I'm not on anyone's side," he said, "I don't even know the whole story."