🌃College Nights🌃

Ships: Lander
Genre: Fluff

♥♥♥

"Luke! I'm home!" A mauve-haired 20 year old calls, stepping into the apartment he shared with his boyfriend. He heard the door make a loud creak as he closed it with his foot, dropping his keys onto the table that sat next to the door.

After he failed to hear a reply, he assumed his childhood friend was asleep, considering it was close to eleven. That was until water crashing against the shower floor could be heard from the bathroom.

Zander slung his book bag off his shoulder, dropping it on the ground. He walked into the kitchen to warm up a frozen meal. Before he did so, he noticed a bowl of chili sitting on the counter. The light-eyed man felt a smile tugging at his lips, grabbing the bowl, retrieving a spoon from the silverware drawer. Although Luke was vegan, he still worked hard to make the pianist non-vegan meals, and Zander truly appreciated that.

After microwaving it, the ombre-haired man sat at the dining table, eating the chilli his lover had made him. The house was nearly silent, the exceptions being the faint shower, the agitating buzzing sound the house often carried, although Zander had learned to tune it out over time, and the natural sounds of the nighttime that drifted through the open window.

"Zander, baby? Is that you? Are you home?" A deep, familiar voice echoed through the small apartment.

Zander grinned, standing up and walking into the hall of the home, seeing his lover standing there in his signature outfit, water droplets dripping from his hair onto his shoulders and the wooden floor.

"Hi Lukey," The shorter boy hummed, excitement filling his tone, as he walked towards Luke, after a long day of longing to be trapped in his arms.

"Gumdrop, how was school?" The auburn-haired man asked, pulling Zander into a warm embrace, gently kissing his forehead.

"It was okay..." The latter shrugged, nuzzling his boyfriend's neck, melting into the embrace, "I really missed you," He added, "How was work?" He asked, glancing up at Luke, who was in the process of raking his fingers through Zander's velvety sangria locks. Enjoying the sensation, the shorter boy leaned into the brunet's hand, a soft giggle escaping past his lips.

"Good," The drummer replied simply, tearing his gaze away from the inky dusk empyrean so that his tranquil dandelion eyes met with the calming lilac ones of his lover, "Hey, random, but, once I save up enough money, I'll get us a much nicer place,...

"Good," The drummer replied simply, tearing his gaze away from the inky dusk empyrean so that his tranquil dandelion eyes met with the calming lilac ones of his lover, "Hey, random, but, once I save up enough money, I'll get us a much nicer place," Luke gently smiled, moving his hand away from the pianist's head to caress his cheek, "I'm working a lot of overtime to get some more money!"

Zander felt a large wave of guilt churning inside him, making his stomach feel as if it were spinning. Out of the two of them, Zander was the only one going to college, for one simple reason. Luke had denied his dream college so he and Zander could buy a place near the latter's school. That alone was an action Zander could never repay him for, adding to the fact the brunet was working long shifts at Starbucks to earn them money. Despite his claims that he loved the job, the remorse Zander felt was still unbearable.

The apartment they had was small and somewhat old. It definitely wasn't in the best condition, but Zander was okay with it. As cheesy as it sounded, any place seemed absolutely euphoric to him, as long as Luke was by his side. The golden-eyed boy made Zander so happy, and he promised himself that as soon as he finished college, he would propose to Luke.

He was the one, Zander was sure of it.

"I like it here," The darker-haired boy murmured, "It's nice and cozy..." The pair had decorated the apartment with many fairy lights, blankets, and candles, and Zander was right. It was cozy. Perfect for the two of them.

Just like they were perfect for each other.

---

Sorry, this was short.
This was supposed to be a prologue for a book I was gonna write, which a few of you saw.

Unfortunately, I ended up taking it down.
I worked pretty hard on this chapter, I didn't wanna just let it go to waste so I switched it into a one-shot!

I hope y'all enjoyed, despite it being short, until next time, bai!!