70- CAN I PRAY WITH YOU?

Start from the beginning

"I wish you could open up to me, Sam." She said softly. "But then, there's Someone who you can always open up to without the fear of being judged. You know Who that is, do you?" I nodded.

"God!" A soft laugh escaped from my lips. I had been so hung up, carrying this burden alone! It was heavy and I couldn't carry it. I couldn't even dump it on Theresa. I didn't even know what to do because I was scared of what I might find out.

God, I'm so sorry for pushing you away! I really am! Can you please help me?

"Can I pray with you?" Theresa asked. Can she join me to talk to God? Definitely, yes!

"Yes, please!" She took my hands in hers.

"Father of our Lord Jesus and our Father, we thank You for all you do. You alone are God, You alone are Good and You alone own and know all things..."

***

"Theresa is the best sis in the world!" Sam exclaimed as we all sat down at the dining table for tea. We had all been served our "brunch" in bed since virtually the whole house had woken up late.

A large buffet had been set for us, courtesy of the maids and Grandma Shannon, who still had her apron about her despite being on her wheelchair. I also couldn't help but conclude Mrs Brown had been determined ever since the start to make us gain extra pounds before we eventually returned to Portland, with the way she usually urged us to eat.

Grandma Shannon had beamed at us immediately we children had all walked into the dining room, almost like we were a project she was proud of her achievements so far with.

"One would think that conclusion is as a result of something other than food." Cory rolled his eyes as he took his seat beside me. I raised an eyebrow. "Oh please, you seem more tolerable than Samuel lately." I lifted my lips in a smirk and he groaned.

"I heard that!" Sam reacted, seating on my other side. "Seriously, can I live with you guys?" He directed his question at me.

"Would your Grandma like that?" I smirked at him, knowing fully well what his grandmother would love him to have for breakfast. Sam glanced at her warily.

"Shhhh! She must not know I ate cinnamon rolls and cookies before brunch." I believed he had thought he was whispering but he didn't

"Don't I already?" Grandma Shannon said from across the table. Sam's head snapped up immediately, thankfully it didn't make a crack sound.

"How did you hear that, Nona?" He parted his lips in disbelief.

"Do you call that whispering?" Grandma Shannon scoffed and I let out a laugh.

"Woah, I've really missed that laugh!" Sam grinned. Uh?

"What laugh?" I asked, curiously.

"The genuine laugh." He said, thoughtfully. "Like when you feel light. Oh I don't know! But I do know when that happens."

"You're impossible, Sam!" I laughed, trying to make light of the matter so everyone at the table could stop staring at me. But I knew very well what Sam was saying. I wasn't exactly happy throughout this holiday. From Caleb to Delaine to Mr Simpson to Carlos then back to Caleb. The cycle was tiring and I was immensely glad we were all returning to Portland tomorrow. I needed peace. Theresa's prayers with me made me calm up until now when doubts started setting in again.

I remembered a line she prayed from Philippians 4 verse 7 and I repeated it again. "Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you
live in Christ Jesus." Then I felt calmer.