He visibly frowned. slightly angry at himself for resurfacing those thoughts again. He had shoved them down to the deep end of his mind, not wanting to cross paths with it.

Y/n, who was studying his face, panicked. Did he not like the contact? Levi of course, wanted not to have any contact with anyone. especially Petra. (But he had to suck it up, she was in their group of friends)

But then again, he liked your touch. Whenever he's alone, he would yearn for it. it was 'calming' he said. "Levi, are you alright?" She pondered whether to lean forward, or to lean back, giving space or giving him comfort. His face was unreadable, like he could snap at any moment.

He blinked once, twice before responding, "Oh, yes. excuse me for a minute" He kissed her hair, inhaling her sweet scent of the shampoo. patted her head one last time, and he left, on his way behind the counter.

Y/n furrowed her brows, he was sweet and calm a while ago. But after saying that she was lucky to have him, he stared, then frowned. Did she accidentally reminded him a forgotten sad memory? or said something she shouldn't?

it was like a ball that dropped to the pit of her stomach. Having her parents taught her good morals at a young age, she would get guilty easily, even if it wasn't her fault. she'll have to apologize for it later.

With her apology on the side of her mind, she went back to filling up her form.

~

"Hey, Levi?" She called, looking at him.

"Yes?" He looked right back at her, his grip on their intertwined hands tightening.

The couple was walking home together, under the cloudless night sky, the wind blowing softly. "You seemed uncomfortable awhile ago at the tea shop. I'm sorry if I said something wrong or if I made you remember a memory-"

To her surprise, he only chuckled.

"No, no. it's fine. it wasn't you. I just remembered something"

"I- Wha- It's still my fault! I said something! I'm sorry!" She smiled sheepishly, looking ahead.

Levi only threw his arm over her shoulder, pulling her closer to him. "Brat, I said it's fine, ok?" He kissed her forehead, showing that he was totally fine with it.

She breathes out a sigh of relief, guilt washing away. she wrapped one of her arms around Levi's waist, making them closer together, sharing warmth.

~

"Oh! Y/n! you could work here! I know Levi definitely wouldn't mind!" Hanji suggested, glasses glinting.

"Hm, that could work" Y/n laughed, standing up, grabbing Hanji, and went over to Levi.

"Leviiiii! I just made the perfect solution for Y/n's problem!" She gave Levi a look, to which he scowled at.

"I swear to god shitty glasses if you-"

"She could work here!" Hanji interrupted Levi, shooting him a confusing look.

"Oh."

"Oh? Levi what? are you not happy with it?" Hanji asked, shaking Y/n back and forth.

"I- No. I am, can you start today?"

"What? already!? I spent my week jobless only to get hired here?" She half-joked. but still pissed that she had to go out, under the sun for a week, every single day.

"Are you not fine with it you brat?" Levi asked, continuing to count the money in the register. "And I've read your resume a few times, you're fine here"