"Something came up?" i further question.

"It's not important, Ria," he dismisses me, although his tone gives off the impression that it is more of a reprimand. "Just something i had to deal with."

I hate the fact he's giving me nothing but vague answers.

My aim was to interrogate him and at least find some information worth reporting to Uvaldo, but he's not letting on to me at all.

"How are things with Xavi?" i change the subject."You and him still arguing?"

"Don't you know it." he offers me a forced smile. "I mean, me and him, we're like oil and water these days. Chalk and charcoal. I don't know, Ri." he shakes his head. "We just don't see eye to eye, you know?"

"You should talk to him about it," i advise. "Xavi just wants you to be around more, but i guess if you have...something else going on..." i trail off, an expectant look on my face, but Wyatt doesn't seem to catch on.

He sighs once more, turning into our driveway and putting the car in park.

"It's just...i'm a grown man now, Ria. And you know i care about you guys, but i don't want to be another parent for you. I just want to be your older brother," he reasons. "I understand that Xavi needs my help from time to time, and i'm more than willing to be there for him, but he can't tie me down forever," he says, meaningfully. "I have my own responsibilities to take care of as well."

I nod, fully agreeing with him.

"I don't want you to be all parent-like, either," i say. "You were never that good at it," i joke. "I just think you should be more...mindful."

Wyatt has always been my favourite brother, even though we are not particularly close.

I guess it's because he's the nicest to me, and, in my opinion, the coolest.

I only wish he were around more so that i would receive fairer treatment.

"You know i'd never leave you, Rori? If you ever need me, no matter the circumstance, i'll always be there," he speaks with a soft sincerity in his voice, as if reading my thoughts.

I nod, grateful for his reassurance, despite being fully aware that our past does not bode well with that statement.

"I know," i say, offering him a small smile. "Same here."

He returns my smile, before dramatically rolling his eyes.

"Alright, enough of the sappy dramatics now. See, this is why i avoid you," he teases. "You bring out the worst in me."

I send him a playful glare.

"I'm going to tell Xavi you were making fun of me"

"Oh, he'll thank me for that."

— XAVI —

I hear a knock on the door of my office but, before i can answer, the door opens and in walks Wyatt.

Approaching my desk, he doesn't take a seat, instead leaving me to glance up at him with a piqued expression.

"Yakov has requested to meet with us," i tell him. "Do you know anything about this?"

He nods, as i expected him to.

"How long have you been in contact with him, Wyatt?" i question, my tone of voice calm and my face void of any emotion i truly feel.