"Connor! What are you doing here?" Mr. Wilson asked.

"I'm here to make sure Louise is ok," I answered.

"Connor... I lied to you over text," Mrs. Wilson said.

"What... Is she ok?"

"Th-they don't think she's going to make it." She said and cried. Mr. Wilson cried also. I just stood there in shock.

"What, no. No! she will make it! right?" I asked. I was so scared. My body was shaking. She can't die. Can't go through life without someone to comfort me when I'm sad. I need someone to laugh with. "I knew something was wrong!" I yelled and sat down.

"She's still alive though right?" Riley asked.

"Yeah," Mrs. Wilson answered him.

"So-"

"Louise Wilson," a doctor said coming out, interrupting Riley.

"Is she ok?" I asked concerned.

"She's alive," the doctor said.

"Thank The Lord!" Mrs. Wilson said.

"Can we see her?" I asked.

"Yes. Two at a time please."

"You guys go first," I said to Mr. and Mrs. Wilson. I waited nervously for them to come back out.

"Connor the doctor said she's alive," Toby reminded me.

"Something still doesn't seem right."

"I think you're just overreacting."

"I was right about her not being ok."

"That's true. But you didn't know anything. The doctors have said she's ok."

A while later they came out and I got up. "Do either of you want to come with me?" I asked Riley and Toby.

"You go by yourself," Riley said and I went into the room Louise was in.

"Louise?" I asked quietly.

"C-Connor?" she asked softly and raspy.

"You ok?"

"No. Connor... I don't think..."

"Louise. Don't say you're not going to make it. You will. You're a fighter. You can do this. C'mon. I'll be your soldier."

"C..Connor. I'm not... gonna." She had trouble saying.

"No..." I said started to cry. "No you will make it stay with me! DOCTOR!"

"Here.." she said and handed me a notebook. Not just any notebook. The notebook with the secret message in it. The secret message I'm not going to read until she dies.

"Louise you're not gonna-"

"Yes... I am. I love you.." she said and the machine stopped showing a heartbeat.

Beeeeep

"Wha-what? no. No! NO!" I yelled and started crying. "LOUISE!"

Doctors rushed in and checked her. Her parents also ran in, followed by Riley and Toby.

"Connor what happened?" they asked me. I shook my head and cried.

"She's... gone." One of the doctors said and I cried. Her parents hugged each other and cried. Tears built up in my eyes and I couldn't make out anything around me my vision was so blurry.

No. No this can't be happening.

I collapsed onto the ground and cried. Nobody, not even Riley or Toby, comforted me. They knew I need to be left alone. My heart felt heavy. I felt like I had been ripped in half.

She's gone

My mind was racing. She's really gone and I can't do anything about it. I knew something was wrong. This is all my fault. I shouldn't have left Louise. I knew it. But I didn't do anything about it.

After a while, the doctors left and so did Louise's parents.

"Connor... we need to go," Toby said sadly and he and Riley tried to get me to go.

"No. Please. Just a few more minutes," I begged.

"Come out when you're ready," Riley said and they left. I went and kneeled by the hospital bed.

"Louise..." I said my eyes filling with tears. "... Louise I love you so much. I'm sorry you had to die like this. I wish I could prevented this." I sniffed and kept on going, even though she couldn't hear me. "There's no one in the world that I would picture myself with. You were the one and now I will never get married because you were the only one right for me." I whipped tears off my face, but more kept flowing out of my eyes. "I've never felt this way about anybody. You're the person I care most about, and now you're gone."

I looked down at the notebook in my hands. I opened it up to the page where she wrote the message. When I saw it, I couldn't move. This was the message she didn't want me to see until she died, and now, I understand why.

It said:

Before You Exit saved my life

"I'm sorry I couldn't save it this time..."

A/n~ obviously this story is coming to an end. There's only three chapters left. But don't worry.